The Impact of Corporate Taxation on Foreign Direct Investment: a Survey
This paper reviews the literature on factors influencing the allocation of foreign direct investments, with respect to the significant role of corporate taxation policy. The review includes BucovetskyÃs tax competition model where countries are assumed to be asymmetric. Empirical studies of Sâˆ rensen (2000), Root and Ahmed (1978), Mooij and Ederveen (2003) are touched upon in the survey. The paper helps to understand the importance of tax policy in attracting foreign investments to the country. The survey assumes effective enforcement to highlight the impact of taxation on foreign investment.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Working Papers in Economics.School of Economics and Business Administration,Tallinn University of Technology (TUTWPE), Pages 29-50|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kopli tn. 101, 11712 Tallinn|
Phone: +(372)620 3535
Fax: +(372)620 3946
Web page: http://majandus.ttu.ee
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael J. Boskin & William G. Gale, 1986.
"New Results on the Effects of Tax Policy on the International Location of Investment,"
NBER Working Papers
1862, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael J. Boskin & William G. Gale, 1987. "New Results on the Effects of Tax Policy on the International Location of Investment," NBER Chapters, in: The Effects of Taxation on Capital Accumulation, pages 201-222 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frey, Bruno S. & Eichenberger, Reiner, 1996. "To harmonize or to compete? That's not the question," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 335-349, June.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Ono, Yoshiyasu, 1998.
"Foreign Direct Investment, Local Content Requirement, and Profit Taxation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 444-57, March.
- Lahiri, S & Ono, Y, 1997. "Foreign Direct Investment, Local Content Requirement, and Profit Taxation," ISER Discussion Paper 0438, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Ruud de Mooij & S. Ederveen, 2001.
"Taxation and foreign direct investment; a synthesis of empirical research,"
CPB Discussion Paper
3, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- de Mooij, Ruud A & Ederveen, Sjef, 2003. "Taxation and Foreign Direct Investment: A Synthesis of Empirical Research," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 10(6), pages 673-93, November.
- Ruud A. de Mooij & Sjef Ederveen, 2001. "Taxation and Foreign Direct Investment: A Synthesis of Empirical Research," CESifo Working Paper Series 588, CESifo Group Munich.
- Peter Birch Sørensen, 2000. "The case for international tax co-ordination reconsidered," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(31), pages 429-472, October.
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Lionel Fontagné & Amina Lahrèche-Revil, 2000. "Foreign Direct Investment and the Prospects for Tax Co-Ordination in Europe," Working Papers 2000-06, CEPII research center.
- Hannes Winner, 2005. "Has Tax Competition Emerged in OECD Countries? Evidence from Panel Data," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 12(5), pages 667-687, September.
- Nicodeme, Gaetan, 2006. "Corporate Tax Competition and Coordination in the European Union: What do we know? Where do we stand?," MPRA Paper 107, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wilson, John Douglas, 1999. "Theories of Tax Competition," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 52(n. 2), pages 269-304, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ttu:wpaper:182. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Urve Venesaar)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.