Style Analysis Based on a General State Space Model and Monte Carlo Filter
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Louis K. C. Chan & Hsiu-Lang Chen & Josef Lakonishok, 2002. "On Mutual Fund Investment Styles," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(5), pages 1407-1437.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Goetzmann, William N., 1997. "Mutual fund styles," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 373-399, March.
- Grinblatt, Mark & Titman, Sheridan & Wermers, Russ, 1995. "Momentum Investment Strategies, Portfolio Performance, and Herding: A Study of Mutual Fund Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1088-1105, December.
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A, 1997. "Empirical Characteristics of Dynamic Trading Strategies: The Case of Hedge Funds," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 275-302.
- Busse, Jeffrey A, 1999. "Volatility Timing in Mutual Funds: Evidence from Daily Returns," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(5), pages 1009-1041.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Takaya Fukui & Seisho Sato & Akihiko Takahashi, 2016. "Style Analysis with Particle Filtering and Generalized Simulated Annealing," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-1010, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Takaya Fukui & Seisho Sato & Akihiko Takahashi, 2017. "This paper proposes a new approach to style analysis of mutual funds in a general state space framework with particle filtering and generalized simulated annealing (GSA). Speci cally, we regard the ex," CARF F-Series CARF-F-383, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Kyo Yamamoto, 2008. "Hedge Fund Replication," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-592, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Kyo Yamamoto, 2008. "Hedge Fund Replication ?Revised in November 2008, forthcoming in The Recent Trend of Hedge Fund Strategies)," CARF F-Series CARF-F-137, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-04-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2005-04-30 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2005-04-30 (Econometric Time Series)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tky:fseres:2005cf337. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ritokjp.html .