Hedge Fund Replication
This chapter provides a comprehensive explanation of hedge fund replication. This chapter first reviews the characteristics of hedge fund returns. Then, the emergence of hedge fund replication products is discussed. Hedge fund replication methods are classified into three categories: Rule-based, Factor-based, and Distribution replicating approaches. These approaches attempt to capture different aspects of hedge fund returns. This chapter explains the three methods.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.cirje.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A., 2000. "Performance Characteristics of Hedge Funds and Commodity Funds: Natural vs. Spurious Biases," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(03), pages 291-307, September.
- Narayan Y. Naik & Tarun Ramadorai & Maria Stromqvist, 2007. "Capacity Constraints and Hedge Fund Strategy Returns," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 13(2), pages 239-256.
- Dybvig, Philip H, 1988.
"Distributional Analysis of Portfolio Choice,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(3), pages 369-93, July.
- William Fung & David A. Hsieh & Narayan Y. Naik & Tarun Ramadorai, 2008.
"Hedge Funds: Performance, Risk, and Capital Formation,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 63(4), pages 1777-1803, 08.
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A & Naik, Narayan & Ramadorai, Tarun, 2006. "Hedge Funds: Performance, Risk and Capital Formation," CEPR Discussion Papers 5565, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mark Mitchell, 2001. "Characteristics of Risk and Return in Risk Arbitrage," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(6), pages 2135-2175, December.
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A, 2001. "The Risk in Hedge Fund Strategies: Theory and Evidence from Trend Followers," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(2), pages 313-41.
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A, 1997. "Empirical Characteristics of Dynamic Trading Strategies: The Case of Hedge Funds," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 275-302.
- Vikas Agarwal, 2004. "Risks and Portfolio Decisions Involving Hedge Funds," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 17(1), pages 63-98.
- Takao Kobayashi & Seisho Sato & Akihiko Takahashi, 2005. "Style Analysis Based on a General State Space Model and Monte Carlo Filter," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-337, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tky:fseres:2008cf592. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.