Accounting for Missing Values in Score-Driven Time-Varying Parameter Models
We show that two alternative perspectives on how to deal with missing data in the context of the score-driven time-varying parameter models of Creal, Koopman, Lucas (2013) and Harvey (2013) lead to precisely the same dynamic transition equations. As score-driven models encompass a wide variety of time-varying parameter models (including generalized autoregressive conditional volatility (GARCH) and duration (ACD) models), the results apply to a wide range of empirically relevant models as applied in economics and statistics.
|Date of creation:||29 Aug 2016|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Gustav Mahlerplein 117, 1082 MS Amsterdam|
Phone: +31 (0)20 598 4580
Web page: http://www.tinbergen.nl/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- F. Blasques & S. J. Koopman & A. Lucas, 2015. "Information-theoretic optimality of observation-driven time series models for continuous responses," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 102(2), pages 325-343.
- Drew Creal & Bernd Schwaab & Siem Jan Koopman & Andrï¿½ Lucas, 2014.
"Observation-Driven Mixed-Measurement Dynamic Factor Models with an Application to Credit Risk,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 96(5), pages 898-915, December.
- Drew Creal & Bernd Schwaab & Siem Jan Koopman & Andre Lucas, 2011. "Observation Driven Mixed-Measurement Dynamic Factor Models with an Application to Credit Risk," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-042/2/DSF16, Tinbergen Institute.
- Schwaab, Bernd & Koopman, Siem Jan & Lucas, André & Creal, Drew, 2013. "Observation driven mixed-measurement dynamic factor models with an application to credit risk," Working Paper Series 1626, European Central Bank.
- Creal, Drew & Koopman, Siem Jan & Lucas, AndrÃ©, 2011. "A Dynamic Multivariate Heavy-Tailed Model for Time-Varying Volatilities and Correlations," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 29(4), pages 552-563.
- Drew Creal & Siem Jan Koopman & AndrÃ© Lucas, 2011. "A Dynamic Multivariate Heavy-Tailed Model for Time-Varying Volatilities and Correlations," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 552-563, October.
- Drew Creal & Siem Jan Koopman & André Lucas, 2010. "A Dynamic Multivariate Heavy-Tailed Model for Time-Varying Volatilities and Correlations," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-032/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Andrew Harvey & Alessandra Luati, 2014. "Filtering With Heavy Tails," Journal of the American Statistical Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 109(507), pages 1112-1122, September.
- Harvey, A. & Luati, A., 2012. "Filtering with heavy tails," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1255, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Engle, Robert F. & Gallo, Giampiero M., 2006. "A multiple indicators model for volatility using intra-daily data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 131(1-2), pages 3-27.
- Robert F. Engle & Giampiero M. Gallo, 2003. "A Multiple Indicators Model For Volatility Using Intra-Daily Data," Econometrics Working Papers Archive wp2003_07, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Statistica, Informatica, Applicazioni "G. Parenti".
- Robert F. Engle & Giampiero M. Gallo, 2003. "A Multiple Indicators Model for Volatility Using Intra-Daily Data," NBER Working Papers 10117, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Durbin, James & Koopman, Siem Jan, 2012. "Time Series Analysis by State Space Methods," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780199641178.
- Durbin, James & Koopman, Siem Jan, 2001. "Time Series Analysis by State Space Methods," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198523543.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "SEASONALDLM: RATS procedure to create the matrices for the seasonal component of a DLM," Statistical Software Components RTS00251, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Robert F. Engle & Jeffrey R. Russell, 1998. "Autoregressive Conditional Duration: A New Model for Irregularly Spaced Transaction Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1127-1162, September.
- Drew Creal & Siem Jan Koopman & André Lucas, 2013. "Generalized Autoregressive Score Models With Applications," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(5), pages 777-795, 08.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tin:wpaper:20160067. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tinbergen Office +31 (0)10-4088900)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.