The Relationship between Risk and Capital in Swiss commercial Banks: A Panel Study
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Robert Bichsel & Jurg Blum, 2004. "The relationship between risk and capital in Swiss commercial banks: a panel study," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(8), pages 591-597.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arturo Estrella & Sangkyun Park & Stavros Peristiani, 2000. "Capital ratios as predictors of bank failure," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jul, pages 33-52.
- Kim, Daesik & Santomero, Anthony M, 1988. " Risk in Banking and Capital Regulation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(5), pages 1219-1233, December.
- Godfrey, L. G. & Hutton, J. P., 1994. "Discriminating between errors-in- variables/simultaneity and misspecification in linear regression models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 359-364, April.
- Koehn, Michael & Santomero, Anthony M, 1980. " Regulation of Bank Capital and Portfolio Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(5), pages 1235-1244, December.
- Furlong, Frederick T. & Keeley, Michael C., 1989. "Capital regulation and bank risk-taking: A note," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 883-891, December.
- Shrieves, Ronald E. & Dahl, Drew, 1992. "The relationship between risk and capital in commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 439-457, April.
- Frederick T. Furlong & Michael C. Keeley, 1991. "Capital regulation and bank risk-taking: a note (reprinted from Journal of Banking and Finance)," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sum, pages 34-39.
- Ronn, Ehud I & Verma, Avinash K, 1986. " Pricing Risk-Adjusted Deposit Insurance: An Option-Based Model," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(4), pages 871-895, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Simone Auer & Maja Ganarin & Pascal Towbin, 2017. "International Banking and Cross-Border Effects of Regulation: Lessons from Switzerland," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 13(2), pages 65-93, March.
- Jokipii, Terhi & Monnin, Pierre, 2013.
"The impact of banking sector stability on the real economy,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 1-16.
- Pierre Monnin & Terhi Jokipii, 2010. "The Impact of Banking Sector Stability on the Real Economy," Working Papers 2010-05, Swiss National Bank.
- Francisco Jareno, 2008. "Spanish stock market sensitivity to real interest and inflation rates: an extension of the Stone two-factor model with factors of the Fama and French three-factor model," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(24), pages 3159-3171.
- Anginer, Deniz & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli, 2014. "Bank capital and systemic stability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6948, The World Bank.
- Enrico Perotti & Lev Ratnovski & Razvan Vlahu, 2011.
"Capital Regulation and Tail Risk,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 7(4), pages 123-163, December.
- Perotti, Enrico C & Ratnovski, Lev & Vlahu, Razvan, 2011. "Capital Regulation and Tail Risk," CEPR Discussion Papers 8526, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Enrico Perotti & Lev Ratnovski & Razvan Vlahu, 2011. "Capital Regulation and Tail Risk," DNB Working Papers 307, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Enrico Camillo Perotti & Lev Ratnovski & Razvan Vlahu, 2011. "Capital Regulation and Tail Risk," IMF Working Papers 11/188, International Monetary Fund.
- Enrico Perotti & Lev Ratnovski & Razvan Vlahu, 2011. "Capital Regulation and Tail Risk," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-039/2/DSF14, Tinbergen Institute, revised 31 Mar 2011.
- Hu, Jin-Li & Yu, Hsueh-E, 2014. "Risk management in life insurance companies: Evidence from Taiwan," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 185-199.
- Duran, Miguel A. & Lozano-Vivas, Ana, 2015. "Moral hazard and the financial structure of banks," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 28-40.
- Martynova, Natalya & Ratnovski, Lev & Vlahu, Razvan E., 2019. "Bank profitability, leverage constraints, and risk-taking," Discussion Papers 21/2019, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Doris Neuberger & Roger Rissi, 2014.
"Macroprudential Banking Regulation: Does One Size Fit All?,"
Journal of Banking and Financial Economics,
University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 1(1), pages 5-28, May.
- Neuberger, Doris & Rissi, Roger, 2012. "Macroprudential banking regulation: Does one size fit all?," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 124, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Weber, Martin & Kleff, Volker, 2003. "How Do Banks Determine Capital? Empirical Evidence for Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-66, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Abou-El-Sood, Heba, 2016. "Are regulatory capital adequacy ratios good indicators of bank failure? Evidence from US banks," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 292-302.
- Natalya Martynova & Lev Ratnovski & Razvan Vlahu, 2014. "Franchise value and risk-taking in modern banks," DNB Working Papers 430, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Wahyoe Soedarmono & Philippe Rous & Amine Tarazi, 2011. "Bank Capital and Self-Interested Managers: Evidence from Indonesia," Working Papers hal-00918584, HAL.
- Sanae Solhi & Abdelhaq Mehdi, 2012. "Prevention Du Risque De Defaillance Des Banques De La Region Mena: Analyse Par Equations Simultanees En Donnees De Panel," Working Papers 693, Economic Research Forum, revised 2012.
- Natalya Martynova & Lev Ratnovski & Razvan Vlahu, 2015. "Bank Profitability and Risk-Taking," IMF Working Papers 15/249, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:44:y:2018:i:c:p:488-503 is not listed on IDEAS
- Duran, Miguel A. & Lozano-Vivas, Ana, 2014. "Risk shifting in the US banking system: An empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 64-74.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-RMG-2002-10-18 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:szg:worpap:0204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (library). General contact details of provider: https://szgerzensee.ch/ .