A constrained hierarchical risk parity algorithm with cluster-based capital allocation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tola, Vincenzo & Lillo, Fabrizio & Gallegati, Mauro & Mantegna, Rosario N., 2008. "Cluster analysis for portfolio optimization," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 235-258, January.
- Kolm, Petter N. & Tütüncü, Reha & Fabozzi, Frank J., 2014. "60 Years of portfolio optimization: Practical challenges and current trends," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(2), pages 356-371.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Djauhari, Maman Abdurachman & Gan, Siew Lee, 2015. "Optimality problem of network topology in stocks market analysis," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 419(C), pages 108-114.
- Pätäri, Eero & Karell, Ville & Luukka, Pasi & Yeomans, Julian S, 2018. "Comparison of the multicriteria decision-making methods for equity portfolio selection: The U.S. evidence," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 265(2), pages 655-672.
- Villena, Marcelo J. & Reus, Lorenzo, 2016. "On the strategic behavior of large investors: A mean-variance portfolio approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 254(2), pages 679-688.
- Justo Puerto & Moises Rodr'iguez-Madrena & Andrea Scozzari, 2019. "Location and portfolio selection problems: A unified framework," Papers 1907.07101, arXiv.org.
- Mahdi Massahi & Masoud Mahootchi & Alireza Arshadi Khamseh, 2020. "Development of an efficient cluster-based portfolio optimization model under realistic market conditions," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 59(5), pages 2423-2442, November.
- Nicoló Musmeci & Tomaso Aste & T Di Matteo, 2015. "Relation between Financial Market Structure and the Real Economy: Comparison between Clustering Methods," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(3), pages 1-24, March.
- Gautier Marti & Frank Nielsen & Philippe Donnat & S'ebastien Andler, 2016. "On clustering financial time series: a need for distances between dependent random variables," Papers 1603.07822, arXiv.org.
- R'emy Chicheportiche, 2013. "Non-linear dependences in finance," Papers 1309.5073, arXiv.org.
- Rad, Hossein & Low, Rand Kwong Yew & Miffre, Joëlle & Faff, Robert, 2020.
"Does sophistication of the weighting scheme enhance the performance of long-short commodity portfolios?,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 164-180.
- Hossein Rad & Rand Low & Joelle Miffre & Robert Faff, 2020. "Does sophistication of the weighting scheme enhance the performance of long-short commodity portfolios?," Post-Print hal-02868473, HAL.
- Valle, C.A. & Meade, N. & Beasley, J.E., 2014. "Absolute return portfolios," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 20-41.
- N. C. Suganya & G. A. Vijayalakshmi Pai, 2010. "Pareto‐archived evolutionary wavelet network for financial constrained portfolio optimization," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 59-90, April.
- Nikolaus Hautsch & Lada M. Kyj & Roel C. A. Oomen, 2012.
"A blocking and regularization approach to high‐dimensional realized covariance estimation,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(4), pages 625-645, June.
- Nikolaus Hautsch & Lada M. Kyj & Roel C.A. Oomen, 2009. "A blocking and regularization approach to high dimensional realized covariance estimation," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2009-049, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Hautsch, Nikolaus & Kyj, Lada M. & Hautsch, Nikolaus, 2009. "A blocking and regularization approach to high dimensional realized covariance estimation," CFS Working Paper Series 2009/20, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Andersen, Torben G. & Bollerslev, Tim & Christoffersen, Peter F. & Diebold, Francis X., 2013.
"Financial Risk Measurement for Financial Risk Management,"
Handbook of the Economics of Finance, in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 1127-1220,
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Peter F. Christoffersen & Francis X. Diebold, 2011. "Financial Risk Measurement for Financial Risk Management," PIER Working Paper Archive 11-037, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Peter F. Christoffersen & Francis X. Diebold, 2012. "Financial Risk Measurement for Financial Risk Management," NBER Working Papers 18084, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Peter F. Christoffersen & Francis X. Diebold, 2011. "Financial Risk Measurement for Financial Risk Management," CREATES Research Papers 2011-37, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Výrost, Tomas & Lyócsa, Štefan & Baumöhl, Eduard, 2019. "Network-based asset allocation strategies," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 516-536.
- Nguyen, Linh Hoang & Chevapatrakul, Thanaset & Yao, Kai, 2020. "Investigating tail-risk dependence in the cryptocurrency markets: A LASSO quantile regression approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 333-355.
- Thomas Trier Bjerring & Omri Ross & Alex Weissensteiner, 2017. "Feature selection for portfolio optimization," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 256(1), pages 21-40, September.
- Platanakis, Emmanouil & Sutcliffe, Charles & Ye, Xiaoxia, 2021. "Horses for courses: Mean-variance for asset allocation and 1/N for stock selection," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 288(1), pages 302-317.
- Vladimir Dombrovskii & Tatyana Obedko, 2014. "Portfolio Optimization in the Financial Market with Correlated Returns under Constraints, Transaction Costs and Different Rates for Borrowing and Lending," Papers 1410.8042, arXiv.org.
- G.A. Vijayalakshmi Pai & Thierry Michel, 2012. "Integrated Metaheuristic Optimization Of 130–30 Investment‐Strategy‐Based Long–Short Portfolios," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(1), pages 43-74, January.
- Carroll, Rachael & Conlon, Thomas & Cotter, John & Salvador, Enrique, 2017. "Asset allocation with correlation: A composite trade-off," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 262(3), pages 1164-1180.
More about this item
KeywordsRisk Parity; Diversification; Portfolio Optimisation; Clustering;
All these keywords.
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CMP-2019-11-18 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ORE-2019-11-18 (Operations Research)
- NEP-RMG-2019-11-18 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sza:wpaper:wpapers328. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Melt van Schoor). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/desunza.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.