Competition, Learning and Persistence in the Effects of Unmeritocratic Hiring Decisions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Darity, William A, Jr & Williams, Rhonda M, 1985. "Peddlers Forever? Culture, Competition, and Discrimination," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 256-261, May.
- W. Lee Hansen, 1967. "Introduction," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 2(3), pages 291-292.
- Mason, Patrick L, 1999. "Male Interracial Wage Differentials: Competing Explanations," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(3), pages 261-299, May.
- A. M. Spence, 1981. "The Learning Curve and Competition," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(1), pages 49-70, Spring.
- Mason, Patrick L, 1995. "Race, Competition and Differential Wages," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 545-567, August.
More about this item
KeywordsJob competition; learning; inequality; luck; chance; discrimination;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:syd:wpaper:2123/7657. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vanessa Holcombe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deusyau.html .