Male Interracial Wage Differentials: Competing Explanations
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kelsey, David & Quiggin, John, 1992.
" Theories of Choice under Ignorance and Uncertainty,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 133-153.
- Quiggin, J. & Kelsey, D., 1991. "Theories of Choice Under Ignorance and Uncertainty," Discussion Papers 91-17, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Sujoy Mukerji, 1996.
"Understanding the nonadditive probability decision model (*),"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 9(1), pages 23-46.
- Mukerji, S., 1995. "Understanding the nonadditive probability decision model," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9517, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Kelsey, David, 1994. "Maxmin Expected Utility and Weight of Evidence," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(3), pages 425-444, July.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Kelsey, David, 1993. "Choice under Partial Uncertainty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 34(2), pages 297-308, May.
- Anna Carabelli, 2002. "Speculation and reasonableness: a non-Bayesian theory of rationality," Chapters,in: Post Keynesian Econometrics, Microeconomics and the Theory of the Firm, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Marcello Basili & Alain Chateauneuf & Fulvio Fontini, 2005.
"Choices Under Ambiguity With Familiar And Unfamiliar Outcomes,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 58(2), pages 195-207, March.
- Marcello Basili & Alain Chateauneuf & Fulvio Fontini, 2004. "Choices under ambiguity with familiar and unfamiliar outcomes," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b04115, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Marcello Basili & Alain Chateauneuf & Fulvio Fontini, 2005. "Choices under ambiguity with familiar and unfamilar outcomes," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00271349, HAL.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. "Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- Vaughn,Karen I., 1994. "Austrian Economics in America," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521445528, March.
- Lawson, Tony, 1985. "Uncertainty and Economic Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(380), pages 909-927, December.
- Schmeidler, David, 1989.
"Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 571-587, May.
- David Schmeidler, 1989. "Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7662, David K. Levine.
- G. L. S. Shackle, 1949. "A Non-Additive Measure of Uncertainty," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(1), pages 70-74.
- Itzhak Gilboa & David Schmeidler, 1992.
"Additive Representation of Non-Additive Measures and the Choquet Integral,"
985, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Itzhak Gilboa & David Schmeidler, 1994. "Additive Representations of Non-Additive Measures and the Choquet Integral," Post-Print hal-00753149, HAL.
- Tversky, Amos & Wakker, Peter, 1995. "Risk Attitudes and Decision Weights," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(6), pages 1255-1280, November.
- Anand, Paul, 1991. "The Nature of Rational Choice and The Foundations of Statistics," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(2), pages 199-216, April.
- Lachmann, Ludwig M, 1976. "From Mises to Shackle: An Essay on Austrian Economics and the Kaleidic Society," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 14(1), pages 54-62, March.
- Quiggin, John, 1982. "A theory of anticipated utility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 323-343, December.
- Runde, Jochen, 1990. "Keynesian Uncertainty and the Weight of Arguments," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 275-292, October.
- Ghirardato, Paolo & Maccheroni, Fabio & Marinacci, Massimo, 2004. "Differentiating ambiguity and ambiguity attitude," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 133-173, October.
- Gilboa, Itzhak & Schmeidler, David, 1989. "Maxmin expected utility with non-unique prior," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 141-153, April.
- Runde, Jochen, 1994. "Keynesian Uncertainty and Liquidity Preference," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 129-144, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mason, Patrick L., 2007. "Driving while black: do police pass the test?," MPRA Paper 11328, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Patrick Mason, 2014. "Immigration and African American Wages and Employment: Critically Appraising the Empirical Evidence," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 41(3), pages 271-297, September.
- Cooper, Peter, 2006. "Competition, Learning and Persistence in the Effects of Unmeritocratic Hiring Decisions," Working Papers 06-02.2, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Ajwad, Mohamed Ihsan & Kurukulasuriya, Pradeep, 2002. "Ethnic and gender wagedisparities in Sri Lanka," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2859, The World Bank.
- João R. Faria & Paulo R. A. Loureiro & Franklin G. Mixon & Adolfo Sachsida, 2016. "Minority Faculty Hiring Power in Academe: an Economic Model," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 43(3), pages 273-288, December.
- Manuel Carvajal, 2006. "Economic grounds for affirmative action: The evidence on architects and engineers in South Florida," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 64(4), pages 515-538.
- Price, Gregory N. & Darity Jr., William A. & Headen Jr., Alvin E., 2008. "Does the stigma of slavery explain the maltreatment of blacks by whites: The case of lynchings," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 167-193, February.
- Mohammad Ashraf, 2007. "Factors Affecting Female Employment In Male-Dominated Occupations: Evidence From The 1990 And 2000 Census Data," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(1), pages 119-130, January.
- Barry T. Hirsch & David A. Macpherson, 2004.
"Wages, Sorting on Skill, and the Racial Composition of Jobs,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(1), pages 189-210, January.
- Hirsch, Barry & Macpherson, David A., 2003. "Wages, Sorting on Skill, and the Racial Composition of Jobs," IZA Discussion Papers 741, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Günseli Berik & Yana van der Meulen Rodgers & Joseph E. Zveglich, Jr., 2002.
"Does Trade Promote Gender Wage Equity? Evidence from East Asia,"
SCEPA working paper series. SCEPA's main areas of research are macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization.
2002-14, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- Gunseli Berik & Yana van der Meulen Rodgers & Joseph E. Zveglich Jr., 2003. "Does Trade Promote Gender Wage Equity?: Evidence from East Asia," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_373, Levy Economics Institute.
- William Rodgers & John Holmes, 2004. "New estimates of within occupation African American-white wage gaps," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 69-88, June.
- Patrick Bayer & Kerwin Kofi Charles, 2016. "Divergent Paths: Structural Change, Economic Rank, and the Evolution of Black-White Earnings Differences, 1940-2014," NBER Working Papers 22797, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Niki Dickerson Lockette & William E. Spriggs, 2016. "Wage Dynamics and Racial and Ethnic Occupational Segregation Among Less-Educated Men in Metropolitan Labor Markets," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 43(1), pages 35-56, March.
- Andrew Trigg, 2002. "Using Micro Data to Test the Divergence between Prices and Labour Values," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 169-186.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:cambje:v:23:y:1999:i:3:p:261-99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: https://academic.oup.com/cje .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .