Industrial composition, methods of compensation, and real earnings in the Great Depression
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Robert A. Hart & J. Elizabeth Roberts, 2013. "Industrial Composition, Methods of Compensation and Real Earnings in the Great Depression," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 226(1), pages 17-29, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ch. Pissarides., 2011.
"The Unemployment Volatility Puzzle: Is Wage Stickiness the Answer?,"
N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 1.
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 2009. "The Unemployment Volatility Puzzle: Is Wage Stickiness the Answer?," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 77(5), pages 1339-1369, September.
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 2007. "The Unemployment Volatility Puzzle: Is Wage Stickiness the Answer?," CEP Discussion Papers dp0839, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Pissarides, Christopher, 2007. "The unemployment volatility puzzle: is wage stickiness the answer?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 4460, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Robert A. Hart & J. Elizabeth Roberts, 2013.
"Real wage cyclicality and the Great Depression: evidence from British engineering and metal working firms,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 197-218, April.
- Hart, Robert A & Roberts, J Elizabeth, 2011. "Real wage cyclicality and the Great Depression: evidence from British engineering and metal working firms," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2011-09, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Hart, Robert A., 2008. "Piece work pay and hourly pay over the cycle," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 1006-1022, October.
- Charles Brown, 1990. "Firms' Choice of Method of Pay," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 43(3), pages 165-1-182-, April.
- Susan Helper & Morris M. Kleiner & Yingchun Wang, 2010. "Analyzing Compensation Methods in Manufacturing: Piece Rates, Time Rates, or Gain-Sharing?," NBER Working Papers 16540, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Seiler, Eric, 1984. "Piece Rate vs. Time Rate: The Effect of Incentives on Earnings," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(3), pages 363-376, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grace Weishi Gu & Eswar Prasad, 2018.
"New Evidence on Cyclical Variation in Labor Costs in the U.S,"
NBER Working Papers
24266, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gu, Grace Weishi & Prasad, Eswar, 2018. "New Evidence on Cyclical Variation in Labor Costs in the U.S," IZA Discussion Papers 11311, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hart, Robert A & Roberts, J Elizabeth, 2013.
"The rise and fall of piecework-timework wage differentials: market volatility, labor heterogeneity, and output pricing,"
Stirling Economics Discussion Papers
2013-12, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Hart, Robert A. & Roberts, J. Elizabeth, 2014. "The rise and fall of piecework-timework wage differentials: market volatility, labor heterogeneity, and output pricing," SIRE Discussion Papers 2014-023, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
More about this item
KeywordsIndustrial composition; piecework; timework; real earnings; the Great Depression;
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- N64 - Economic History - - Manufacturing and Construction - - - Europe: 1913-
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2013-03-02 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HME-2013-03-02 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:stl:stledp:2013-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Liam Delaney). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/destiuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.