Is the Distribution of Income Compatible with a Stable Distribution?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- van Dijk, Herman K & Kloek, Teun, 1980. "Inferential Procedures in Stable Distributions for Class Frequency Data on Incomes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1139-1148, July.
- McCulloch, J Huston, 1997. "Measuring Tail Thickness to Estimate the Stable Index Alpha: A Critique," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(1), pages 74-81, January.
- Rolf Aaberge, 1995. "Choosing Measures of Inequality for Empirical Applications," Discussion Papers 158, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jess Benhabib & Alberto Bisin & Shenghao Zhu, 2011.
"The Distribution of Wealth and Fiscal Policy in Economies With Finitely Lived Agents,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 79(1), pages 123-157, January.
- Jess Benhabib & Alberto Bisin, 2009. "The distribution of wealth and fiscal policy in economies with finitely lived agents," NBER Working Papers 14730, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shenghao Zhu & Alberto Bisin & Jess Benhabib, 2014.
"The Wealth Distribution in Bewley Models with Investment Risk,"
2014 Meeting Papers
617, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jess Benhabib & Alberto Bisin & Shenghao Zhu, 2014. "The Wealth Distribution in Bewley Models with Investment Risk," NBER Working Papers 20157, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dieter von Fintel, 2006. "Earnings bracket obstacles in household surveys – How sharp are the tools in the shed?," Working Papers 08/2006, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Benhabib, Jess & Bisin, Alberto & Zhu, Shenghao, 2015. "The wealth distribution in Bewley economies with capital income risk," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 159(PA), pages 489-515.
- Jess Benhabib & Alberto Bisin, 2018. "Skewed Wealth Distributions: Theory and Empirics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 56(4), pages 1261-1291, December.
- Jess Benhabib & Alberto Bisin, 2006.
"The distribution of wealth and redistributive policies,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
122247000000001162, David K. Levine.
- Jess Benhabib & Alberto Bisin, 2006. "The distribution of wealth and redistributive policies," 2006 Meeting Papers 368, Society for Economic Dynamics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Runde, Ralf & Scheffner, Axel, 1998. "On the existence of moments: With an application to German stock returns," Technical Reports 1998,25, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Graves, Timothy & Franzke, Christian L.E. & Watkins, Nicholas W. & Gramacy, Robert B. & Tindale, Elizabeth, 2017. "Systematic inference of the long-range dependence and heavy-tail distribution parameters of ARFIMA models," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 473(C), pages 60-71.
- Toker Doganoglu & Christoph Hartz & Stefan Mittnik, 2007.
"Portfolio optimization when risk factors are conditionally varying and heavy tailed,"
Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 29(3), pages 333-354, May.
- Toker Doganoglu & Christoph Hartz & Stefan Mittnik, 2006. "Portfolio Optimization wehn Risk Factors are Conditionally Varying and Heavy Tailed," CFS Working Paper Series 2006/24, Center for Financial Studies.
- Doganoglu, Toker & Hartz, Christoph & Mittnik, Stefan, 2006. "Portfolio optimization when risk factors are conditionally varying and heavy tailed," CFS Working Paper Series 2006/24, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Donald J. Brown & Rustam Ibragimov, 2005. "Sign Tests for Dependent Observations and Bounds for Path-Dependent Options," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1518, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Kurz-Kim, Jeong-Ryeol & Loretan, Mico, 2014. "On the properties of the coefficient of determination in regression models with infinite variance variables," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 181(1), pages 15-24.
- Ibragimov, Rustam & Walden, Johan, 2007. "The limits of diversification when losses may be large," Scholarly Articles 2624460, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Sverre Grepperud, 1997. "Soil Depletion Choices under Production and Price Uncertainty," Discussion Papers 186, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Weron, Rafał, 2004. "Computationally intensive Value at Risk calculations," Papers 2004,32, Humboldt University of Berlin, Center for Applied Statistics and Economics (CASE).
- Meerschaert, Mark M. & Scheffler, Hans-Peter, 1999. "Moment Estimator for Random Vectors with Heavy Tails," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 145-159, October.
- Cappuccio, Nunzio & Lubian, Diego & Mistrorigo, Mirko, 2015. "The power of unit root tests under local-to-finite variance errors," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 205-217.
- Gimeno, Ricardo & Gonzalez, Clara I., 2012. "An automatic procedure for the estimation of the tail index," MPRA Paper 37023, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Salhi, Khaled & Deaconu, Madalina & Lejay, Antoine & Champagnat, Nicolas & Navet, Nicolas, 2016. "Regime switching model for financial data: Empirical risk analysis," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 461(C), pages 148-157.
- Prasad Bidarkota & J Huston Mcculloch, 2004. "Testing for persistence in stock returns with GARCH-stable shocks," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 256-265.
- J Huston McCulloch, 2000. "State-Space Times Series Modeling of Structural Breaks," Working Papers 00-11, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Saralees Nadarajah, 2012. "Models for stock returns," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 411-424, February.
- Kiani, Khurshid M., 2013. "Can signal extraction help predict risk premia in foreign exchange rates," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 926-939.
- Rustam Ibragimov & Johan Walden, 2011. "Value at risk and efficiency under dependence and heavy-tailedness: models with common shocks," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 285-318, August.
- Kerger, Phillip & Kobayashi, Kei, 2020. "Parameter estimation for one-sided heavy-tailed distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 164(C).
- Niels Wesselhöfft & Wolfgang K. Härdle, 2020. "Risk-Constrained Kelly Portfolios Under Alpha-Stable Laws," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 55(3), pages 801-826, March.
- Michael R. Powers & Thomas Y. Powers & Siwei Gao, 2012. "Risk Finance for Catastrophe Losses with Pareto‐Calibrated Lévy‐Stable Severities," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 32(11), pages 1967-1977, November.
More about this item
KeywordsStable distributions; Pareto-Levy distributions; Income distributions;
All these keywords.
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LAB-2003-06-04 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssb:dispap:246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (L Maasø). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ssbgvno.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.