Partial Least Square Discriminant Analysis (PLS-DA) for bankruptcy prediction
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Foster D.P. & Stine R.A., 2004. "Variable Selection in Data Mining: Building a Predictive Model for Bankruptcy," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 303-313, January.
- Ohlson, Ja, 1980. "Financial Ratios And The Probabilistic Prediction Of Bankruptcy," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 109-131.
- Zmijewski, Me, 1984. "Methodological Issues Related To The Estimation Of Financial Distress Prediction Models," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22, pages 59-82.
- Ravi Kumar, P. & Ravi, V., 2007. "Bankruptcy prediction in banks and firms via statistical and intelligent techniques - A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 180(1), pages 1-28, July.
- Marais, Ml & Patell, Jm & Wolfson, Ma, 1984. "The Experimental-Design Of Classification Models - An Application Of Recursive Partitioning And Bootstrapping To Commercial Bank Loan Classifications," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22, pages 87-114.
- P. Du Jardin & E. Séverin, 2011.
"Predicting Corporate Bankruptcy Using Self-Organising map: An empirical study to Improve the Forecasting horizon of financial failure model,"
- du Jardin, Philippe & Séverin, Eric, 2011. "Predicting corporate bankruptcy using a self-organizing map: An empirical study to improve the forecasting horizon of a financial failure model," MPRA Paper 44262, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Beaver, Wh, 1966. "Financial Ratios As Predictors Of Failure," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4, pages 71-111.
- Lo, Andrew W., 1986. "Logit versus discriminant analysis : A specification test and application to corporate bankruptcies," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 151-178, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liu, Zhen Jia, 2015. "Estudo cross-country sobre os fatores determinantes da crise financeira bancária," RAE - Revista de Administração de Empresas, FGV-EAESP Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo (Brazil), vol. 55(5), September.
- Maria Jesus Segovia Vargas & Mara del Mar Camacho Miñano, 2018. "Analysis of corporate viability in the pre-bankruptcy proceedings," Contaduría y Administración, Accounting and Management, vol. 63(1), pages 29-30, Enero - M.
- FayÃ§al Mraihi, 2016. "Distressed Company Prediction Using Logistic Regression: Tunisianâ€™s Case," Quarterly Journal of Business Studies, Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 2(1), pages 34-54.
- Yi-Shu Wang & Xue Jiang & Zhen-Jia-Liu, 2016. "Bank Failure Prediction Models for the Developing and Developed Countries: Identifying the Economic Value Added for Predicting Failure," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 6(9), pages 522-533, September.
- Le, Hong Hanh & Viviani, Jean-Laurent, 2018.
"Predicting bank failure: An improvement by implementing a machine-learning approach to classical financial ratios,"
Research in International Business and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 16-25.
- Hong Hanh Le & Jean-Laurent Viviani, 2017. "Predicting bank failure: An improvement by implementing machine learning approach on classical financial ratios," Post-Print halshs-01615106, HAL.
- Maria Jesus Segovia Vargas & Mara del Mar Camacho Miñano, 2018. "Análisis de la viabilidad empresarial en el preconcurso de acreedores," Contaduría y Administración, Accounting and Management, vol. 63(1), pages 27-28, Enero - M.
- FayÃ§al Mraihi & Inane Kanzari & Mohamed Tahar Rajhi, 2015. "Development of a Prediction Model of Failure in Tunisian Companies: Comparison between Logistic Regression and Support Vector Machines," International Journal of Empirical Finance, Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 4(3), pages 184-205.
More about this item
Keywordsbankruptcy; financial ratios; banking crisis; solvency; data mining; PLS-DA;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:wpaper:2013/90696. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.