Good Diversification is Never Wasted: How to Tilt Factor Portfolios with Sectors
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Brière, Marie & Szafarz, Ariane, 2020. "Good diversification is never wasted: How to tilt factor portfolios with sectors," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(C).
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. "The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Esther Ruiz & Lorenzo Pascual, 2002. "Bootstrapping Financial Time Series," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 271-300, July.
- Marie Briere & Ariane Szafarz, 2018. "Factors and Sectors in Asset Allocation: Stronger Together?," Working Papers CEB 18-016, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Sayili, Koray & Yilmaz, Gokhan & Dyer, Douglas & Küllü, A. Melih, 2017. "Style investing and firm innovation," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 17-29.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 2015. "A five-factor asset pricing model," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 1-22.
- De Moor, Lieven & Sercu, Piet, 2011. "Country versus sector factors in equity returns: The roles of non-unit exposures," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 64-77, January.
- Clifford S. Asness & Tobias J. Moskowitz & Lasse Heje Pedersen, 2013. "Value and Momentum Everywhere," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 68(3), pages 929-985, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fernandes, Leonardo H.S. & de Araujo, Fernando H.A. & Tabak, Benjamin M., 2021. "Insights from the (in)efficiency of Chinese sectoral indices during COVID-19," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 578(C).
- Wolfgang Bessler & Georgi Taushanov & Dominik Wolff, 2021. "Factor investing and asset allocation strategies: a comparison of factor versus sector optimization," Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 22(6), pages 488-506, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Andreas Neuhierl & Michael Weber & Michael Weber, 2017. "Monetary Momentum," CESifo Working Paper Series 6648, CESifo.
- Lu Zhang, 2017. "The Investment CAPM," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 23(4), pages 545-603, September.
- Lu Zhang, 2019. "Q-factors and Investment CAPM," NBER Working Papers 26538, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jarno Tikkanen & Janne Äijö, 2018. "Does the F-score improve the performance of different value investment strategies in Europe?," Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(7), pages 495-506, December.
- Baştürk, N. & Borowska, A. & Grassi, S. & Hoogerheide, L. & van Dijk, H.K., 2019.
"Forecast density combinations of dynamic models and data driven portfolio strategies,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 210(1), pages 170-186.
- Nalan Basturk & Agnieszka Borowska & Stefano Grassi & Lennart (L.F.) Hoogerheide & Herman (H.K.) van Dijk, 2018. "Forecast Density Combinations of Dynamic Models and Data Driven Portfolio Strategies," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 18-076/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Nalan Basturk & Agnieszka Borowska & Stefano Grassi & Lennart Hoogerheide & Herman K. van Dijk, 2018. "Forecast Density Combinations of Dynamic Models and Data Driven Portfolio Strategies," Working Paper 2018/10, Norges Bank.
- Chen, An-Sing & Chang, Hung-Chou & Cheng, Lee-Young, 2019. "Time-varying Variance Scaling: Application of the Fractionally Integrated ARMA Model," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 1-12.
- Juhani T. Linnainmaa & Michael R. Roberts, 2016. "The History of the Cross Section of Stock Returns," NBER Working Papers 22894, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marie Brière & Ariane Szafarz, 2021.
"When it rains, it pours: Multifactor asset management in good and bad times,"
Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 44(3), pages 641-669, September.
- Marie Briere & Ariane Szafarz, 2021. "When it Rains, it Pours: Multifactor Asset Management in Good and Bad Times," Working Papers CEB 21-002, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Betermier, Sebastien & Calvet, Laurent & Jo, Evan, 2019. "A Supply and Demand Approach to Equity Pricing," CEPR Discussion Papers 13974, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jacobs, Heiko & Regele, Tobias & Weber, Martin, 2015. "Expected Skewness and Momentum," CEPR Discussion Papers 10601, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hong‐Yi Chen & Pin‐Huang Chou & Chia‐Hsun Hsieh, 2018. "Persistency of the momentum effect," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 24(5), pages 856-892, November.
- Michael Curran & Adnan Velic, 2020.
"The CAPM, National Stock Market Betas, and Macroeconomic Covariates: a Global Analysis,"
Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 787-820, September.
- Michael Curran & Adnan Velic, 2018. "The CAPM, National Stock Market Betas, and Macroeconomic Covariates: A Global Analysis," Trinity Economics Papers tep0618, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- de Oliveira Souza, Thiago, 2016. "The size premium and intertemporal risk," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 3/2016, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Business and Economics.
- Stelios Arvanitis & Olivier Scaillet & Nikolas Topaloglou, 2020.
"Spanning analysis of stock market anomalies under Prospect Stochastic Dominance,"
- Stelios Arvanitis & O. Scaillet & Nikolas Topaloglou, 2020. "Spanning analysis of stock market anomalies under Prospect Stochastic Dominance," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 20-18, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Konstantinov, Gueorgui S. & Fabozzi, Frank J., 2021. "Towards a dead end? EMU bond market exposure and manager performance," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 116(C).
- Nazaire, Gregory & Pacurar, Maria & Sy, Oumar, 2021. "Factor Investing and Risk Management: Is Smart-Beta Diversification Smart?," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 41(C).
- Hongwei Chuang, 2021. "Momentum Has Its Own Values," Working Papers EMS_2021_02, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Pawel Maryniak & Rafal Weron, 2017. "Habitat momentum," HSC Research Reports HSC/17/05, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Flögel, Volker & Schlag, Christian & Zunft, Claudia, 2021. "Momentum-managed equity factors," SAFE Working Paper Series 317, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- Nalan Basturk & Stefano Grassi & Lennart Hoogerheide & Herman K. van Dijk, 2016. "Time-varying Combinations of Bayesian Dynamic Models and Equity Momentum Strategies," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 16-099/III, Tinbergen Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsPortfolio management; asset allocation; factor; industry; sector; crisis;
All these keywords.
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MAC-2019-06-10 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:wpaper:2013/287753. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Benoit Pauwels (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.