Good Diversification is Never Wasted: How to Tilt Factor Portfolios with Sectors
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Brière, Marie & Szafarz, Ariane, 2020. "Good diversification is never wasted: How to tilt factor portfolios with sectors," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(C).
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. "The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Esther Ruiz & Lorenzo Pascual, 2002. "Bootstrapping Financial Time Series," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 271-300, July.
- Marie Briere & Ariane Szafarz, 2018. "Factors and Sectors in Asset Allocation: Stronger Together?," Working Papers CEB 18-016, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Sayili, Koray & Yilmaz, Gokhan & Dyer, Douglas & Küllü, A. Melih, 2017. "Style investing and firm innovation," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 17-29.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 2015. "A five-factor asset pricing model," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 1-22.
- De Moor, Lieven & Sercu, Piet, 2011. "Country versus sector factors in equity returns: The roles of non-unit exposures," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 64-77, January.
- Clifford S. Asness & Tobias J. Moskowitz & Lasse Heje Pedersen, 2013. "Value and Momentum Everywhere," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 68(3), pages 929-985, June.
- Ang, Andrew, 2014. "Asset Management: A Systematic Approach to Factor Investing," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199959327.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fernandes, Leonardo H.S. & de Araujo, Fernando H.A. & Tabak, Benjamin M., 2021. "Insights from the (in)efficiency of Chinese sectoral indices during COVID-19," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 578(C).
- Rehman, Mobeen Ur & Vo, Xuan Vinh & McIver, Ron & Kang, Sang Hoon, 2022. "Sensitivity of US sectoral returns to energy commodities under different investment horizons and market conditions," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(C).
- Matteo Foglia & Maria Cristina Recchioni & Gloria Polinesi, 2021. "Smart Beta Allocation and Macroeconomic Variables: The Impact of COVID-19," Risks, MDPI, vol. 9(2), pages 1-25, February.
- Wolfgang Bessler & Georgi Taushanov & Dominik Wolff, 2021. "Factor investing and asset allocation strategies: a comparison of factor versus sector optimization," Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 22(6), pages 488-506, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Marie Brière & Ariane Szafarz, 2021.
"When it rains, it pours: Multifactor asset management in good and bad times,"
Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 44(3), pages 641-669, September.
- Marie Briere & Ariane Szafarz, 2021. "When it Rains, it Pours: Multifactor Asset Management in Good and Bad Times," Working Papers CEB 21-002, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Lu Zhang, 2017. "The Investment CAPM," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 23(4), pages 545-603, September.
- Betermier, Sebastien & Calvet, Laurent & Jo, Evan, 2019. "A Supply and Demand Approach to Equity Pricing," CEPR Discussion Papers 13974, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marie Briere & Ariane Szafarz, 2017. "Factor Investing: The Rocky Road from Long-Only to Long-Short," Working Papers CEB 17-013, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Stephen A. Gorman & Frank J. Fabozzi, 2021. "The ABC’s of the alternative risk premium: academic roots," Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 22(6), pages 405-436, October.
- Kees G. Koedijk & Alfred M.H. Slager & Philip A. Stork, 2016. "Investing in Systematic Factor Premiums," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 22(2), pages 193-234, March.
- Carlo A. Favero & Alessandro Melone, 2019. "Asset Pricing vs Asset Expected Returning in Factor Models," Working Papers 651, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Adam Zaremba & Jacob Koby Shemer, 2018. "Price-Based Investment Strategies," Springer Books, Springer, number 978-3-319-91530-2, November.
- Ruanmin Cao & Lajos Horváth & Zhenya Liu & Yuqian Zhao, 2020.
"A study of data-driven momentum and disposition effects in the Chinese stock market by functional data analysis,"
Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 335-358, January.
- Ruanmin Cao & Lajos Horváth & Zhenya Liu & Yuqian Zhao, 2020. "A study of data-driven momentum and disposition effects in the Chinese stock market by functional data analysis," Post-Print hal-03511284, HAL.
- Andreas Neuhierl & Michael Weber & Michael Weber, 2017. "Monetary Momentum," CESifo Working Paper Series 6648, CESifo.
- Flögel, Volker & Schlag, Christian & Zunft, Claudia, 2022. "Momentum-Managed Equity Factors," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 137(C).
- Lu Zhang, 2019. "Q-factors and Investment CAPM," NBER Working Papers 26538, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jarno Tikkanen & Janne Äijö, 2018. "Does the F-score improve the performance of different value investment strategies in Europe?," Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(7), pages 495-506, December.
- Baştürk, N. & Borowska, A. & Grassi, S. & Hoogerheide, L. & van Dijk, H.K., 2019.
"Forecast density combinations of dynamic models and data driven portfolio strategies,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 210(1), pages 170-186.
- Nalan Basturk & Agnieszka Borowska & Stefano Grassi & Lennart Hoogerheide & Herman K. van Dijk, 2018. "Forecast Density Combinations of Dynamic Models and Data Driven Portfolio Strategies," Working Paper 2018/10, Norges Bank.
- Nalan Basturk & Agnieszka Borowska & Stefano Grassi & Lennart (L.F.) Hoogerheide & Herman (H.K.) van Dijk, 2018. "Forecast Density Combinations of Dynamic Models and Data Driven Portfolio Strategies," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 18-076/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Chen, An-Sing & Chang, Hung-Chou & Cheng, Lee-Young, 2019. "Time-varying Variance Scaling: Application of the Fractionally Integrated ARMA Model," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 1-12.
- Ray Ball & Gil Sadka & Ayung Tseng, 2022. "Using accounting earnings and aggregate economic indicators to estimate firm-level systematic risk," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 607-646, June.
- Xiaoyue Chen & Bin Li & Andrew C. Worthington, 2022. "Realised volatility and industry momentum returns," Palgrave Communications, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 9(1), pages 1-12, December.
- Juhani T. Linnainmaa & Michael R. Roberts, 2016. "The History of the Cross Section of Stock Returns," NBER Working Papers 22894, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zaremba, Adam & Czapkiewicz, Anna, 2017. "The cross section of international government bond returns," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 171-183.
- Jacobs, Heiko & Regele, Tobias & Weber, Martin, 2015. "Expected Skewness and Momentum," CEPR Discussion Papers 10601, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
KeywordsPortfolio management; asset allocation; factor; industry; sector; crisis;
All these keywords.
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:wpaper:2013/287753. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Benoit Pauwels (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.