La répression financière est-elle la solution pour « liquider » la dette publique dans la zone euro ?
The recent rise of the public debt limits governments’ room for manoeuvre in terms of economic policy and it seems urgent to try to slow down its progression. This paper shows that even if financial repression appears as an appealing solution for the so called peripheral countries of the euro area, it is not without creating concerns from a macro-financial point of view.
|Date of creation:||14 Jan 2013|
|Publication status:||Published by:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: CP114/03, 42 avenue F.D. Roosevelt, 1050 Bruxelles|
Phone: +32 (0)2 650.48.64
Fax: +32 (0)2 650.41.88
Web page: http://difusion.ulb.ac.be
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reinhart, C. M., 2012.
"The return of financial repression,"
Financial Stability Review,
Banque de France, issue 16, pages 37-48, April.
- Mauricio Drelichman & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2008.
"Debt Sustainability in Historical Perspective: The Role of Fiscal Repression,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 6(2-3), pages 657-667, 04-05.
- Joachim Voth & Mauricio Drelichman, 2008. "Debt sustainability in historical perspective: The role of fiscal repression," Economics Working Papers 1184, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011.
"The Liquidation of Government Debt,"
NBER Working Papers
16893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," BIS Working Papers 363, Bank for International Settlements.
- Carmen M. & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," Working Paper Series WP11-10, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Carmen Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2015. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," IMF Working Papers 15/7, International Monetary Fund.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Vincent R. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2012.
"Debt Overhangs: Past and Present,"
NBER Working Papers
18015, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Vincent R. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2012. "Public Debt Overhangs: Advanced-Economy Episodes since 1800," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 69-86, Summer.
- Nicolas Véron, 2012.
"Financial reform after the crisis: an early assessment,"
- Nicolas Veron, 2012. "Financial Reform after the Crisis: An Early Assessment," Working Paper Series WP12-2, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Garrick Hileman, 2012. "The seven mechanisms for achieving sovereign debt sustainability," Economic History Working Papers 42878, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly,"
Princeton University Press,
edition 1, number 8973.
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- Adrian Blundell-Wignall & Patrick Slovik, 2011. "A Market Perspective on the European Sovereign Debt and Banking Crisis," OECD Journal: Financial Market Trends, OECD Publishing, vol. 2010(2), pages 9-36.
- Damiano Sandri & Ashoka Mody, 2011.
"The Eurozone Crisis; How Banks and Sovereigns Came to Be Joined At the Hip,"
IMF Working Papers
11/269, International Monetary Fund.
- Ashoka Mody & Damiano Sandri, 2012. "The eurozone crisis: how banks and sovereigns came to be joined at the hip," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 27(70), pages 199-230, 04.
- Philip R. Lane, 2012. "The European Sovereign Debt Crisis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 49-68, Summer.
- Yiannis Kitromilides, 2011. "Deficit reduction, the age of austerity, and the paradox of insolvency," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 33(3), pages 517-536, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:wpaper:2013/137476. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.