Empleo y desempleo entre los adultos mayores argentinos
This paper provides an analysis of the work participation of people aged 60 and above residing in urban areas in Argentina, from data specially processed from the Encuesta Permanente de Hogares for the third quarter of 2009. With this purpose, emphasis is made on the main occupation among those who work and the last occupation among those who are unemployed. The collection of pension benefits is evaluated, together with the intensity of occupation at different ages in the occupational groups that have a majority of employed senior citizens. The article shows the duality of the profile of employed senior citizens since among men with a very low, low and medium level of education the main occupations were Construction, Direct Marketing, Industrial and Artisan Production, Transportation, Management of Microenterprises, Repair of Consumer Goods, Administrative Management, Planning and Control, Several Social Services and Civil Surveillance and Security. In turn, among women with the same levels of education, the main occupations were Domestic and Non-Domestic Cleaning Services, Direct Marketing, Administrative Management, Planning and Control, Industrial and Artisan Production, Health and Healthcare, Care Giving and Gastronomic Services. On the other side, among those with a higher level of education, the main occupations were Education, Health, Management of Small and Medium Enterprises, Administrative Management and Marketing.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.economicas.unsa.edu.ar/ielde|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Coile Courtney, 2004.
"Retirement Incentives and Couples' Retirement Decisions,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-30, July.
- Courtney Coile, 2003. "Retirement Incentives and Couples' Retirement Decisions," NBER Working Papers 9496, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peracchi, Franco & Welch, Finis, 1994. "Trends in Labor Force Transitions of Older Men and Women," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(2), pages 210-242, April.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva, 2000. "Micro Determinants of Labor Force Status Among Older Americans," Department of Economics Working Papers 00-07, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Stock, James H & Wise, David A, 1990. "Pensions, the Option Value of Work, and Retirement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(5), pages 1151-1180, September.
- James H. Stock & David A. Wise, 1988. "Pensions, The Option Value of Work, and Retirement," NBER Working Papers 2686, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Courtney Coile & Jonathan Gruber, 2000. "Social Security and Retirement," NBER Working Papers 7830, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blau, David M, 1994. "Labor Force Dynamics of Older Men," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(1), pages 117-156, January. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:slt:wpaper:7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ing. Miguel A. Soto López)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.