The Impact of Redistribution on Income Inequality in Canada and the Provinces, 1981-2010
The objective of this report is to provide an overview of trends in income inequality, defined as the Gini coefficient, in Canada and the provinces over the 1981-2010 period and to investigate the impact of redistributive policies – namely, taxes and transfers – on these trends.Income inequality is measured in terms of market income, total income, and after-tax income, with the latter considered the most important from a well-being perspective.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.csls.ca/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.csls.ca|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael R. Veall, 2012.
"Top income shares in Canada: recent trends and policy implications,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1247-1272, November.
- Veall, Michael R., 2012. "Top Income Shares in Canada: Recent Trends and Policy Implications," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2012-25, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 29 Oct 2012.
- Michael R. Veall, 2012. "Top Income Shares in Canada: Recent Trends and Policy Implications," Department of Economics Working Papers 2012-11, McMaster University.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Daniel T. Slesnick, 2012. "Measuring Social Welfare in the U.S. National Accounts," NBER Chapters, in: Measuring Economic Sustainability and Progress, pages 43-88 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicole Fortin & David A. Green & Thomas Lemieux & Kevin Milligan & W. Craig Riddell, 2012.
"Canadian Inequality: Recent Developments and Policy Options,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 38(2), pages 121-145, June.
- Fortin, Nicole M. & Green, David A. & Lemieux, Thomas & Milligan, Kevin & Riddell, W. Craig, 2012. "Canadian Inequality: Recent Development and Policy Options," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2012-18, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 30 May 2012.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sls:resrep:1208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Whitney Hamilton)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Whitney Hamilton to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.