The Impact of Redistribution on Income Inequality in Canada and the Provinces, 1981-2010
The objective of this report is to provide an overview of trends in income inequality, defined as the Gini coefficient, in Canada and the provinces over the 1981-2010 period and to investigate the impact of redistributive policies – namely, taxes and transfers – on these trends.Income inequality is measured in terms of market income, total income, and after-tax income, with the latter considered the most important from a well-being perspective.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 151 Slater Street, Suite 710, Ottawa, ON K1P 5H3|
Web page: http://www.csls.ca/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.csls.ca Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael R. Veall, 2012.
"Top Income Shares in Canada: Recent Trends and Policy Implications,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
2012-11, McMaster University.
- Michael R. Veall, 2012. "Top income shares in Canada: recent trends and policy implications," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1247-1272, November.
- Veall, Michael R., 2012. "Top Income Shares in Canada: Recent Trends and Policy Implications," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2012-25, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 29 Oct 2012.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Daniel T. Slesnick, 2014. "Measuring Social Welfare in the U.S. National Accounts," NBER Chapters, in: Measuring Economic Sustainability and Progress, pages 43-88 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicole Fortin & David A. Green & Thomas Lemieux & Kevin Milligan & W. Craig Riddell, 2012.
"Canadian Inequality: Recent Developments and Policy Options,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 38(2), pages 121-145, June.
- Fortin, Nicole M. & Green, David A. & Lemieux, Thomas & Milligan, Kevin & Riddell, W. Craig, 2012. "Canadian Inequality: Recent Development and Policy Options," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2012-18, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 30 May 2012.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sls:resrep:1208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CSLS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.