Top Income Shares in Canada: Recent Trends and Policy Implications
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michael R. Veall, 2012. "Top income shares in Canada: recent trends and policy implications," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1247-1272, November.
- Veall, Michael R., 2012. "Top Income Shares in Canada: Recent Trends and Policy Implications," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2012-25, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 29 Oct 2012.
References listed on IDEAS
- Victor Chernozhukov & Iv·n Fern·ndez-Val & Alfred Galichon, 2010.
"Quantile and Probability Curves Without Crossing,"
Econometric Society, vol. 78(3), pages 1093-1125, May.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fernandez-Val & Alfred Galichon, 2007. "Quantile and probability curves without crossing," CeMMAP working papers CWP10/07, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fernandez-Val & Alfred Galichon, 2007. "Quantile and Probability Curves Without Crossing," Papers 0704.3649, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2014.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fernandez-Val & Alfred Galichon, 2010. "Quantile and Probability Curves without Crossing," Post-Print hal-01052958, HAL.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fernandez-Val & Alfred Galichon, 2007. "Quantile And Probability Curves Without Crossing," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2007-011, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fernandez-Val & Alfred Galichon, 2010. "Quantile and Probability Curves without Crossing," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/5rkqqmvrn4t, Sciences Po.
- Peter Hall & Jeff Racine & Qi Li, 2004. "Cross-Validation and the Estimation of Conditional Probability Densities," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 1015-1026, December.
- Hyndman, R.J. & Yao, Q., 1998.
"Nonparametric Estimation and Symmetry Tests for Conditional Density Functions,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
17/98, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Yao, Qiwei & Hyndman, Rob J., 2002. "Nonparametric estimation and symmetry tests for conditional density functions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6092, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Peter Hall & Qi Li & Jeffrey S. Racine, 2007. "Nonparametric Estimation of Regression Functions in the Presence of Irrelevant Regressors," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(4), pages 784-789, November.
- Li, Qi & Racine, Jeffrey S, 2008. "Nonparametric Estimation of Conditional CDF and Quantile Functions With Mixed Categorical and Continuous Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 26, pages 423-434.
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Lugo, Maria, 2006.
"The Information Basis of Multivariate Poverty Assessments,"
Departmental Working Papers
0603, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics.
- Esfandiar Maasoumi & Maria Ana Lugo, 2008. "The Information Basis of Multivariate Poverty Assessments," Emory Economics 0804, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Bashtannyk, David M. & Hyndman, Rob J., 2001.
"Bandwidth selection for kernel conditional density estimation,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, pages 279-298.
- Bashtannyk, D.M. & Hyndman, R.J., 1998. "Bandwidth Selection for Kernel Conditional Density Estimation," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 16/98, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Racine, Jeff & Li, Qi, 2004. "Nonparametric estimation of regression functions with both categorical and continuous data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 99-130, March.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, December.
- Cai, Zongwu, 2002. "Regression Quantiles For Time Series," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(01), pages 169-192, February.
- Hayfield, Tristen & Racine, Jeffrey S., 2008. "Nonparametric Econometrics: The np Package," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 27(i05).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:jgeosy:v:20:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10109-017-0255-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beach, Charles M., 2014. "What Has Happened to Middle-Class Earnings? Distributional Shifts in Earnings in Canada, 1970-2005," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2014-13, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 26 Mar 2014.
- Osberg, Lars, 2013. "Instability implications of increasing inequality: Evidence from North America," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 918-930.
- Christoph Schinke, 2014. "Government Ideology, Globalization, and Top Income Shares in OECD Countries," ifo Working Paper Series 181, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Mathieu Pellerin, 2015. "The Evolution of Hourly Compensation in Canada between 1980 and 2010," CIRANO Working Papers 2015s-15, CIRANO.
- Peter Burton & Shelley Phipps, 2017. "The Economic Well-Being of Canadian Children," LIS Working papers 704, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Kao-Lee Liaw & Lei Xu, 2013. "Changes in Wage Distributions of Wage Earners in Canada: 2000-2005," Quantitative Studies in Economics and Population Research Reports 451, McMaster University.
- Hou, Feng & Picot , Garnett, 2015. "Immigration, Low Income and Income Inequality in Canada: Whatâ€™s New in the 2000s?," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2015-2, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 25 Jan 2015.
- Andrew Sharpe & Evan Capeluck, 2012. "The Impact of Redistribution on Income Inequality in Canada and the Provinces, 1981-2010," CSLS Research Reports 2012-08, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Duclos, Jean-Yves & Pellerin, Mathieu, 2015. "The Evolution of Hourly Compensation in Canada between 1980 and 2010," IZA Discussion Papers 8917, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Salvatore Morelli & Timothy Smeeding & Jeffrey Thompson, 2014. "Post-1970 Trends in Within-Country Inequality and Poverty: Rich and Middle Income Countries," CSEF Working Papers 356, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Mathieu Pellerin, 2015. "The Evolution of Hourly Compensation in Canada between 1980 and 2010," Cahiers de recherche 1506, Chaire de recherche Industrielle Alliance sur les enjeux économiques des changements démographiques.
- Jeff Larrimore & Richard V. Burkhauser & Gerald Auten & Philip Armour, 2016. "Recent Trends in U.S. Top Income Shares in Tax Record Data Using More Comprehensive Measures of Income Including Accrued Capital Gains," NBER Working Papers 23007, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordsincome concentration; income polarization; Canadian personal income tax system; intergenerational mobility; corporate governance;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcm:deptwp:2012-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/demcmca.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .