Canadian Inequality: Recent Development and Policy Options
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nicole Fortin & David A. Green & Thomas Lemieux & Kevin Milligan & W. Craig Riddell, 2012. "Canadian Inequality: Recent Developments and Policy Options," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 38(2), pages 121-145, June.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Benoit Dostie, 2018. "Polarisation du marché du travail, structure industrielle et croissance économique," CIRANO Project Reports 2018rp-02, CIRANO.
- repec:kap:jgeosy:v:20:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10109-017-0255-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joseph Marchand, 2015.
"The distributional impacts of an energy boom in Western Canada,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 48(2), pages 714-735, May.
- Marchand, Joseph, 2013. "The Distributional Impacts of an Energy Boom in Western Canada," Working Papers 2013-13, University of Alberta, Department of Economics, revised 01 Oct 2014.
- Marchand, Joseph, 2014. "The Distributional Impacts of an Energy Boom in Western Canada," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2014-28, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 16 Jun 2014.
- Sam Norris & Krishna Pendakur, 2015. "Consumption inequality in Canada, 1997 to 2009," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 48(2), pages 773-792, May.
- Abbott, Michael G. & Beach, Charles M., 2013. "Earnings Mobility of Canadian Immigrants: A Transition Matrix Approach," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2013-47, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 27 Oct 2013.
- Mathieu Dufour & Ellen Russell, 2015. "Why Isn't Productivity More Popular? A Bargaining Power Approach to the Pay/Productivity Linkage in Canada," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 28, pages 47-62, Spring.
- Lemieux, Thomas & Riddell, W. Craig, 2015.
"Top Incomes in Canada: Evidence from the Census,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9037, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Thomas Lemieux & W. Craig Riddell, 2015. "Top Incomes in Canada: Evidence from the Census," NBER Working Papers 21347, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lemieux, Thomas & Riddell, W. Craig, 2015. "Top Incomes in Canada: Evidence from the Census," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2015-12, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 07 Jul 2015.
- Paul Makdissi & Myra Yazbeck, 2012. "On the Measurement of Indignation," Working Papers 1213E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- A. Abigail Payne & Justin Smith, 2015.
"Does income inequality increase charitable giving?,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 48(2), pages 793-818, May.
- Payne, A. Abigail & Smith, Justin, 2015. "Does Income Inequality Increase Charitable Giving?," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2015-4, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 25 Jan 2015.
- Peter Burton & Shelley Phipps, 2017. "The Economic Well-Being of Canadian Children," LIS Working papers 704, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Charles Beach, 2017. "Have Middle-Class Earnings Risen in Canada? A Statistical Inference Approach," Working Papers 1393, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Hou, Feng & Picot , Garnett, 2015. "Immigration, Low Income and Income Inequality in Canada: Whatâ€™s New in the 2000s?," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2015-2, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 25 Jan 2015.
- Sébastien Breau & Dieter F. Kogler & Kenyon C. Bolton, 2014. "On the Relationship between Innovation and Wage Inequality: New Evidence from Canadian Cities," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 90(4), pages 351-373, October.
- Andrew Sharpe & Evan Capeluck, 2012. "The Impact of Redistribution on Income Inequality in Canada and the Provinces, 1981-2010," CSLS Research Reports 2012-08, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Paul Makdissi & Myra Yazbeck, 2015. "On the measurement of plutonomy," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 44(4), pages 703-717, April.
- Umar M. A. Boodoo & Rafael Gomez & Morley Gunderson, 2014. "Relative income, absolute income and the life satisfaction of older adults: do retirees differ from the non-retired?," Industrial Relations Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(4), pages 281-299, July.
- Danielle Lamb, 2013. "Earnings Inequality Among Aboriginal Groups in Canada," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 224-240, June.
More about this item
Keywordsincome inequality; polarization; technical change; tax and transfer system; minimum wages; gender wage gap; unions; globalization;
- I24 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Inequality
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ubc:clssrn:clsrn_admin-2012-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vivian Tran). General contact details of provider: http://www.clsrn.econ.ubc.ca/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .