Canadian Inequality: Recent Development and Policy Options
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nicole Fortin & David A. Green & Thomas Lemieux & Kevin Milligan & W. Craig Riddell, 2012. "Canadian Inequality: Recent Developments and Policy Options," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 38(2), pages 121-145, June.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Benoit Dostie, 2018. "Polarisation du marché du travail, structure industrielle et croissance économique," CIRANO Project Reports 2018rp-02, CIRANO.
- repec:kap:jgeosy:v:20:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10109-017-0255-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joseph Marchand, 2015.
"The distributional impacts of an energy boom in Western Canada,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 48(2), pages 714-735, May.
- Marchand, Joseph, 2013. "The Distributional Impacts of an Energy Boom in Western Canada," Working Papers 2013-13, University of Alberta, Department of Economics, revised 01 Oct 2014.
- Marchand, Joseph, 2014. "The Distributional Impacts of an Energy Boom in Western Canada," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2014-28, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 16 Jun 2014.
- Sam Norris & Krishna Pendakur, 2015. "Consumption inequality in Canada, 1997 to 2009," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 48(2), pages 773-792, May.
- Abbott, Michael G. & Beach, Charles M., 2013. "Earnings Mobility of Canadian Immigrants: A Transition Matrix Approach," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2013-47, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 27 Oct 2013.
- Mathieu Dufour & Ellen Russell, 2015. "Why Isn't Productivity More Popular? A Bargaining Power Approach to the Pay/Productivity Linkage in Canada," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 28, pages 47-62, Spring.
- Lemieux, Thomas & Riddell, W. Craig, 2015.
"Top Incomes in Canada: Evidence from the Census,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9037, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Thomas Lemieux & W. Craig Riddell, 2015. "Top Incomes in Canada: Evidence from the Census," NBER Working Papers 21347, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lemieux, Thomas & Riddell, W. Craig, 2015. "Top Incomes in Canada: Evidence from the Census," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2015-12, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 07 Jul 2015.
- Paul Makdissi & Myra Yazbeck, 2012. "On the Measurement of Indignation," Working Papers 1213E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- A. Abigail Payne & Justin Smith, 2015.
"Does income inequality increase charitable giving?,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 48(2), pages 793-818, May.
- Payne, A. Abigail & Smith, Justin, 2015. "Does Income Inequality Increase Charitable Giving?," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2015-4, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 25 Jan 2015.
- Peter Burton & Shelley Phipps, 2017. "The Economic Well-Being of Canadian Children," LIS Working papers 704, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Beach, Charles, 2017. "Have Middle-Class Earnings Risen in Canada? A Statistical Inference Approach," Queen's Economics Department Working Papers 274719, Queen's University - Department of Economics.
- Charles Beach, 2017. "Have Middle-Class Earnings Risen in Canada? A Statistical Inference Approach," Working Papers 1393, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Hou, Feng & Picot , Garnett, 2015. "Immigration, Low Income and Income Inequality in Canada: WhatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s New in the 2000s?," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2015-2, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 25 Jan 2015.
- repec:jid:journl:y:2017:v:25:i:1:p:1-25 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sébastien Breau & Dieter F. Kogler & Kenyon C. Bolton, 2014. "On the Relationship between Innovation and Wage Inequality: New Evidence from Canadian Cities," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 90(4), pages 351-373, October.
- Andrew Sharpe & Evan Capeluck, 2012. "The Impact of Redistribution on Income Inequality in Canada and the Provinces, 1981-2010," CSLS Research Reports 2012-08, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Paul Makdissi & Myra Yazbeck, 2015. "On the measurement of plutonomy," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 44(4), pages 703-717, April.
- Umar M. A. Boodoo & Rafael Gomez & Morley Gunderson, 2014. "Relative income, absolute income and the life satisfaction of older adults: do retirees differ from the non-retired?," Industrial Relations Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(4), pages 281-299, July.
- Danielle Lamb, 2013. "Earnings Inequality Among Aboriginal Groups in Canada," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 224-240, June.
- repec:iza:izawol:journl:y:2018:n:432 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsincome inequality; polarization; technical change; tax and transfer system; minimum wages; gender wage gap; unions; globalization;
- I24 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Inequality
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ubc:clssrn:clsrn_admin-2012-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vivian Tran). General contact details of provider: http://www.clsrn.econ.ubc.ca/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.