On the Links Between Unemployment Rate, Monetary Creation and the Value-added Sharing
In this paper, we investigate the analytical links between the rate of unemployment, monetary creation and how individuals share the value added in an economy with three types of agents : capital owners, managers and employees. This relationship relies on the fact that the rate of unemployment depends on many macroeconomic characteristics such as : creation of money, external balance of goods and services and mark-up pricing. The latter being decomposed into the expected margin rate and the growth rate of the unitary wage cost that characterize the primary value-added sharing.
|Date of creation:||11 Feb 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (819) 821-7233
Fax: (819) 821-6930
Web page: http://www.gredi.org/home/documents-de-travail
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mussard, Stéphane & Philippe, Bernard, 2006.
"Okun's Law, Creation of Money and the Decomposition of the Rate of Unemployment,"
IRISS Working Paper Series
2006-08, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Mussard, Stéphane & Philippe, Bernard, 2009. "Okun's law, creation of money and the decomposition of the rate of unemployment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 7-9, January.
- Stéphane Mussard & Bernard Philippe, 2006. "Okun’s Law, Creation of Money and the Decomposition of the Rate of Unemployment," Cahiers de recherche 06-20, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke.
- Stéphane Mussard & Bernard Philippe, 2010.
"Déséquilibres, système bancaire et chômage involontaire,"
10-12, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Oct 2010.
- Stéphane Mussard & Bernard Philippe, 2010. "Déséquilibres, système bancaire et chômage involontaire," Cahiers de recherche 10-26, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke.
- Marc Lavoie, 2006. "Do Heterodox Theories Have Anything in Common? A Post-Keynesian Point of View," European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention, Edward Elgar, vol. 3(1), pages 87â€“112.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:shr:wpaper:10-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luc Savard)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.