Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Autoregressive Models with a Near Unit Root and Cauchy Errors
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lau, Amy Hing-Ling & Lau, Hon-Shiang & Wingender, John R, 1990. "The Distribution of Stock Returns: New Evidence against the Stable Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(2), pages 217-223, April.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1967. "The Variation of Some Other Speculative Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40, pages 393-393.
- Barry Falk & Chun-Hsuan Wang, 2003.
"Testing long-run PPP with infinite-variance returns,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 471-484.
- Falk, Barry L. & Wang, Chun-Hsuan, 2003. "Testing Long-Run Ppp with Infinite-Variance Returns," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10323, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Rong-Mao Zhang & Ngai Hang Chan, 2012. "Maximum likelihood estimation for nearly non-stationary stable autoregressive processes," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(4), pages 542-553, July.
- Knight, Keith, 1991. "Limit Theory for M-Estimates in an Integrated Infinite Variance," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 200-212, June.
- Phillips, P.C.B., 1990.
"Time Series Regression With a Unit Root and Infinite-Variance Errors,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 44-62, March.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1989. "Time Series Regression with a Unit Root and Infinite Variance Errors," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 897R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Aug 1989.
- Park, Joon Y. & Phillips, Peter C.B., 1988.
"Statistical Inference in Regressions with Integrated Processes: Part 1,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 468-497, December.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Joon Y. Park, 1986. "Statistical Inference in Regressions with Integrated Processes: Part 1," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 811R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Aug 1987.
- D. M. Mahinda Samarakoon & Keith Knight, 2009. "A Note on Unit Root Tests with Infinite Variance Noise," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(4), pages 314-334.
- Resnick, Sidney & Greenwood, Priscilla, 1979. "A bivariate stable characterization and domains of attraction," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 206-221, June.
- Sung Ahn & Stergios Fotopoulos & Lijian He, 2001. "Unit Root Tests With Infinite Variance Errors," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 461-483.
- Akgiray, Vedat & Booth, G Geoffrey, 1988. "The Stable-Law Model of Stock Returns," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 6(1), pages 51-57, January.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Koedijk, Kees G & Kool, Clemens J M, 1992. "Tail Estimates of East European Exchange Rates," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(1), pages 83-96, January.
More about this item
Keywordsautoregressive model; near unit root; Cauchy distribution; maxi- mum likelihood estimator; infi?nite variance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-08-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2016-08-07 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ECM-2016-08-07 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2016-08-07 (Econometric Time Series)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sgo:wpaper:1612. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jung Hur). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/risogkr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.