Limit Theory for M-Estimates in an Integrated Infinite Variance
We consider the limiting distributions of M -estimates of an “autoregressive” parameter when the observations come from an integrated linear process with infinite variance innovations. It is shown that M -estimates are, asymptotically, infinitely more efficient than the least-squares estimator (in the sense that they have a faster rate of convergence) and are conditionally asymptotically normal.
Volume (Year): 7 (1991)
Issue (Month): 02 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cambridge University Press, UPH, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 8BS UK|
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECT
- Serttas, Fatma Ozgu, 2010. "Essays on infinite-variance stable errors and robust estimation procedures," ISU General Staff Papers 201001010800002742, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lima Luiz Renato & Xiao Zhijie, 2010.
"Testing Unit Root Based on Partially Adaptive Estimation,"
Journal of Time Series Econometrics,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-34, June.
- Luiz Renato Lima & Zhijie Xiao, 2004. "Testing Unit Root Based on Partially Adaptive Estimation," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 63, Econometric Society.
- Lima, Zhijie & Lima, Luiz Renato Regis de Oliveira, 2004. "Testing unit root based on partially adaptive estimation," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 528, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Galvao Jr., Antonio F., 2009. "Unit root quantile autoregression testing using covariates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 152(2), pages 165-178, October.
- Phillips, Peter C B & McFarland, James W & McMahon, Patrick C, 1996. "Robust Tests of Forward Exchange Market Efficiency with Empirical Evidence from the 1920s," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 1-22, Jan.-Feb..
- Peter C.B. Phillips & James W. McFarland & Patrick C. McMahon, 1994. "Robust Tests of Forward Exchange Market Efficiency with Empirical Evidence from the 1920's," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1080, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Xiao, Zhijie, 2004. "Estimating average economic growth in time series data with persistency," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 699-724, December.
- Xiao, Qifang & Xiao, Zhijie, 2003. "Estimating Average Economic Growth in Time Series Data with Persistency," Working Papers 03-0111, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Lucas, Andre, 1995. "An outlier robust unit root test with an application to the extended Nelson-Plosser data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 153-173.
- Uwe Hassler & Paulo M.M. Rodrigues & Antonio Rubia, 2016. "Quantile Regression for Long Memory Testing: A Case of Realized Volatility," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 14(4), pages 693-724.
- Uwe Hassler & Paulo M.M. Rodrigues & Antonio Rubia, 2012. "Quantile regression for long memory testing: A case of realized volatility," Working Papers w201207, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Hasan, Mohammad N., 2001. "Rank tests of unit root hypothesis with infinite variance errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 49-65, August.
- Phillips, Peter C.B., 1995. "Robust Nonstationary Regression," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(05), pages 912-951, October.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1993. "Robust Nonstationary Regression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1064, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Jungjun Choi & In Choi, 2016. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Autoregressive Models with a Near Unit Root and Cauchy Errors," Working Papers 1612, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University.
- Hoek, Henk & Lucas, Andre & van Dijk, Herman K., 1995. "Classical and Bayesian aspects of robust unit root inference," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 27-59, September.
- Chan, Ngai Hang & Zhang, Rong-Mao, 2009. "Quantile inference for near-integrated autoregressive time series under infinite variance and strong dependence," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 119(12), pages 4124-4148, December.
- Serguei Zernov & Victoria Zindle-Walsh & John Galbraith, 2006. "Asymptotics For Estimation Of Truncated Infinite-Dimensional Quantile Regressions," Departmental Working Papers 2006-16, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Zernov, Serguei & Zinde-Walsh, Victoria & Galbraith, John W., 2009. "Asymptotics for estimation of quantile regressions with truncated infinite-dimensional processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 497-508, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:etheor:v:7:y:1991:i:02:p:200-212_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed