La Valutazione Economica Dei Parchi Marini. Il Caso “Punta Infreschi”
The purpose of this work is to investigate , through an ex ante evaluation, the importance given by the public to marine sanctuaries and to provide a rough estimate of their total economic value. Object of the study is the Punta Infreschi reserve, which since 2010 has contributed to diversify seaside options offered by an area in Campania widely considered marginal , despite an enormous tourist potential due to its valuable natural resources. The political choice to strengthen preserving strategies for such an environmental resource coincides with a renewed tourist interest worldwide in rural landscapes and folk traditions. In view of the above, it is assumed that the examined area could increase its potential appeal for ecotourists and therefore, the spending trends of tourists already aware of the peculiarity of this area will be studied. On the other hand, the creation of a natural reserve could clash with the interests of the local communities in the area and its resources. Consequently, the effort to preserve the quality level of the resource will be valued by analysing the answers provided by local people. Questionnaire results seem to suggest a careful management aiming to ensure sustainability and economic responsibility in order to safeguard future generations.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Working Papers, August 2012, pages 1-32|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Ponte Don Melillo - 84084 Fisciano (SA)|
Web page: http://www.dises.unisa.it
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cameron, Trudy Ann & Huppert, Daniel D., 1989. "OLS versus ML estimation of non-market resource values with payment card interval data," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 230-246, November.
- Gilley, Otis W & Pace, R Kelley, 1995. "Improving Hedonic Estimation with an Inequality Restricted Estimator," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(4), pages 609-21, November.
- Randall, Alan & Ives, Berry & Eastman, Clyde, 1974. "Bidding games for valuation of aesthetic environmental improvements," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 132-149, August.
- Fabio Carlucci & Andrea Cirà & Carlo Migliardo, 2012. "Aree naturali protette e strumenti di analisi per la pianificazione degli investimenti," SCIENZE REGIONALI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2012(1), pages 93-116.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L., 1992. "Valuing public goods: The purchase of moral satisfaction," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 57-70, January.
- Edward Balistreri & Gary McClelland & Gregory Poe & William Schulze, 2001.
"Can Hypothetical Questions Reveal True Values? A Laboratory Comparison of Dichotomous Choice and Open-Ended Contingent Values with Auction Values,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 18(3), pages 275-292, March.
- Balistreri, Edward J. & Poe, Gregory L. & McClelland, Gary H. & Schulze, William D., 1996. "Can Hypothetical Questions Reveal True Values? A Laboratory Comparison of Dichotomous Choice and Open-Ended Contingent Values with Auction Values," Working Papers 127865, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Riccardo Scarpa, 2000. "Contingent Valuation Versus Choice Experiments: Estimating the Benefits of Environmentally Sensitive Areas in Scotland: Comment," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(1), pages 122-128.
- Mattias Boman & Göran Bostedt & Bengt Kriström, 1999. "Obtaining Welfare Bounds in Discrete-Response Valuation Studies: A Non-Parametric Approach," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(2), pages 284-294.
- Daniel L. McFadden, 1976. "Quantal Choice Analaysis: A Survey," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 363-390 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter A. Diamond & Jerry A. Hausman, 1994. "Contingent Valuation: Is Some Number Better than No Number?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 45-64, Fall.
- Joseph Cooper & John Loomis, 1992. "Sensitivity of Willingness-to-Pay Estimates to Bid Design in Dichotomous Choice Contingent Valuation Models," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(2), pages 211-224.
- Elisabetta Strazzera & Riccardo Scarpa & Pinuccia Calia & Guy Garrod & Kenneth Willis, 2003. "Modelling zero values and protest responses in contingent valuation surveys," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 133-138.
- Hadker, Nandini & Sharma, Sudhir & David, Ashish & Muraleedharan, T. R., 1997. "Willingness-to-pay for Borivli National Park: evidence from a Contingent Valuation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 105-122, May.
- W. Michael Hanemann, 1994. "Valuing the Environment through Contingent Valuation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 19-43, Fall.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sep:wpaper:3_220. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Rizzo)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.