Money and Credit in a Production Economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bencivenga, Valerie R. & Smith, Bruce D., 1993.
"Some consequences of credit rationing in an endogenous growth model,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 97-122.
- Bencivenga, V.R. & Smith, B.D., 1988. "Some Consequences Of Credit Rationing In An Endogenous Growth Model," RCER Working Papers 159, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Azariadis Costas & Smith Bruce D., 1993. "Adverse Selection in the Overlapping Generations Model: The Case of Pure Exchange," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 277-305, August.
- Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1993.
"Financial Market Imperfections and Business Cycles,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(1), pages 77-114.
- Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1988. "Financial Market Imperfections and Business Cycles," NBER Working Papers 2494, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Rothschild & Joseph Stiglitz, 1976. "Equilibrium in Competitive Insurance Markets: An Essay on the Economics of Imperfect Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(4), pages 629-649.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Wai‐Hong Ho & Yong Wang, 2005. "Public capital, asymmetric information, and economic growth," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 38(1), pages 57-80, February.
- Hidalgo-Cabrillana, Ana, 2004. "Does asymmetric information promote talented people?," UC3M Working papers. Economics we042809, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Blackburn, Keith & Bose, Niloy & Capasso, Salvatore, 2012.
"Tax evasion, the underground economy and financial development,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 243-253.
- Keith Blackburn & Niloy Bosey & Salvatore Capasso, 2010. "Tax Evasion, the Underground Economy and Financial Development," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 138, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Wai-Hong Ho & Yong Wang, 2005. "Public capital, asymmetric information, and economic growth," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(1), pages 57-80, February.
- Niloy Bose & Maria Pereira, 2004. "The Evolution of the Financial Contract in Economic Development," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 72(2), pages 206-220, March.
- Pietro Reichlin & Paolo Siconolfi, 2004.
"Optimal debt contracts and moral hazard along the business cycle,"
Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 24(1), pages 75-109, July.
- Reichlin, Pietro & Siconolfi, Paolo, 2000. "Optimal Debt Contracts and Moral Hazard Along the Business Cycle," CEPR Discussion Papers 2351, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Been-Lon Chen & Yeong-Yuh Chiang & Ping Wang, 2008. "Credit Market Imperfections and Long-Run Macroeconomic Consequences," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 9(1), pages 151-175, May.
- Bose, Niloy & Cothren, Richard, 1996. "Equilibrium loan contracts and endogenous growth in the presence of asymmetric information," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 363-376, October.
- Bose, Niloy, 2005. "Endogenous growth and the emergence of equity finance," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 173-188, June.
- Reichlin, Pietro & Siconolfi, Paolo, 1996. "The role of social security in an economy with asymmetric information and financial intermediaries," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 153-175, May.
- Etro, Federico, 2017. "Research in economics and macroeconomics," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 373-383.
- Gokmen, Gunes & Morin, Annaig, 2021. "Investment shocks and inequality dynamics," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 570-579.
- Taoufik Rajhi & Michel Guillard, 1993.
"Croissance et développement : le rôle des rationnements financiers,"
Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 44(2), pages 229-256.
- Guillard, M. & Rajhi, T., 1992. "Croissance et developpement; le role des rationnements financiers," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 92.29, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Islam, Roumeen, 2003. "do more transparent government govern better?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3077, The World Bank.
- Stijn Claessens & M Ayhan Kose, 2018. "Frontiers of macrofinancial linkages," BIS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 95.
- Salvatore Capasso, 2004. "Financial Markets, Development and Economic Growth: Tales of Informational Asymmetries," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 267-292, July.
- Plehn-Dujowich, Jose M., 2009. "Endogenous growth and adverse selection in entrepreneurship," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1419-1436, July.
- Figueroa, Nicolás & Leukhina, Oksana, 2018. "Cash flows and credit cycles," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 318-332.
- Mukherji, Nivedita, 1998. "Inflation and Risky Investment in an Economy with Asymmetric Information and Monopolistic Loans Markets," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 107-132, January.
- Salvatore Capasso & George Mavrotas, 2003. "Loan Processing Costs and Information Asymmetries-Implications for Financial Sector Development and Economic Growth," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2003-84, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
Keywordscredit rationing; cash-in-advance constraints; investment;
All these keywords.
- D45 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Rationing; Licensing
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2001-11-05 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MON-2001-11-05 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2001-11-05 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sef:csefwp:46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cssalit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Dr. Maria Carannante (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cssalit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.