The Relationship Between Energy and Socio-Economic Development in the Southern and Eastern Mediterranean
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Coutinho, Leonor, 2012. "Determinants of Growth and Inflation in Southern Mediterranean Countries," CEPS Papers 6736, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Stern, David I., 2010. "The Role of Energy in Economic Growth," Working Papers 249380, Australian National University, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 2001.
"Natural resources, education, and economic development,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 847-859, May.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 2000. "Natural Resources, Education, and Economic Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 2594, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Abel Beltran del Rio, 1981. "The Mexican Oil Syndrome: Early Symptoms, Preventive Efforts, and Prognosis," NBER Chapters,in: Export Diversification and the New Protectionism: The Experience of Latin America, pages 115-130 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David I. Stern & Cutler J. Cleveland, 2004. "Energy and Economic Growth," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0410, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:10:p:1869-:d:115450 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:367-375 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kafle, Sagar & Parajuli, Ranjan & Bhattarai, Sujala & Euh, Seung Hee & Kim, Dae Hyun, 2017. "A review on energy systems and GHG emissions reduction plan and policy of the Republic of Korea: Past, present, and future," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 1123-1130.
- Azam, Muhammad & Khan, Abdul Qayyum & Bakhtyar, B. & Emirullah, Chandra, 2015. "The causal relationship between energy consumption and economic growth in the ASEAN-5 countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 732-745.
- Scarpellini, Sabina & Rivera-Torres, Pilar & Suárez-Perales, Inés & Aranda-Usón, Alfonso, 2015. "Analysis of energy poverty intensity from the perspective of the regional administration: Empirical evidence from households in southern Europe," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 729-738.
- Fang, Baling & Tan, Yi & Li, Canbing & Cao, Yijia & Liu, Jianguo & Schweizer, Pia-Johanna & Shi, Haiqing & Zhou, Bin & Chen, Hao & Hu, Zhuangli, 2016. "Energy sustainability under the framework of telecoupling," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 253-259.
- Schinko, Thomas & Komendantova, Nadejda, 2016. "De-risking investment into concentrated solar power in North Africa: Impacts on the costs of electricity generation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 262-272.
- Azam, Muhammad, 2016. "Does environmental degradation shackle economic growth? A panel data investigation on 11 Asian countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 175-182.
More about this item
KeywordsSouthern Mediterranean Countries (SEMCs); Socio-Economic Development; Energy Demand; Energy Efficiency; Energy Prices; Energy Subsidies; Resource Curse; Dutch Disease; Oil Syndrome; Energy Policy; Socio-Economic Development Strategy; Targeted Subsidies; Integrated Energy Strategy; Energy Efficiency Action Plans; Renewable Energy Action Plans; Climate Policy; Regional Mediterranean Energy Cooperation; Arab Spring;
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2013-03-30 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-ENE-2013-03-30 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sec:cnrepo:0112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aleksandra Polak). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/caseepl.html .