Financial applications of flexible copula families based on mixing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "New Methods in Statistical Economics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71, pages 421-421.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Anastasios G Malliaris & William T Ziemba (ed.), THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bao, Te & Diks, Cees & Li, Hao, 2018. "A generalized CAPM model with asymmetric power distributed errors with an application to portfolio construction," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 611-621.
- Henri Bertholon & Alain Monfort & Fulvio Pegoraro, 2006.
"Pricing and Inference with Mixtures of Conditionally Normal Processes,"
2006-28, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Bertholon, H. & Monfort, A. & Pegoraro, F., 2007. "Pricing and Inference with Mixtures of Conditionally Normal Processes," Working papers 188, Banque de France.
- Loredana Ureche-Rangau & Quiterie de Rorthays, 2009. "More on the volatility-trading volume relationship in emerging markets: The Chinese stock market," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(7), pages 779-799.
- Mulligan, Robert F., 2004. "Fractal analysis of highly volatile markets: an application to technology equities," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 155-179, February.
- Dassios, Angelos & Qu, Yan & Zhao, Hongbiao, 2018. "Exact simulation for a class of tempered stable," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86981, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ortobelli, Sergio & Rachev, Svetlozar & Schwartz, Eduardo, 2000. "The Problem of Optimal Asset Allocation with Stable Distributed Returns," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt3zd6q86c, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Menn, Christian & Rachev, Svetlozar T., 2005. "A GARCH option pricing model with [alpha]-stable innovations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 163(1), pages 201-209, May.
- Sergio Ortobelli Lozza & Enrico Angelelli & Daniele Toninelli, 2011. "Set-Portfolio Selection with the Use of Market Stochastic Bounds," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(0), pages 5-24, November.
- Selçuk, Faruk & Gençay, Ramazan, 2006. "Intraday dynamics of stock market returns and volatility," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 367(C), pages 375-387.
- Young Kim & Rosella Giacometti & Svetlozar Rachev & Frank Fabozzi & Domenico Mignacca, 2012.
"Measuring financial risk and portfolio optimization with a non-Gaussian multivariate model,"
Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 201(1), pages 325-343, December.
- Kim, Young Shin & Giacometti, Rosella & Rachev, Svetlozar T. & Fabozzi, Frank J. & Mignacca, Domenico, 2012. "Measuring financial risk and portfolio optimization with a non-Gaussian multivariate model," Working Paper Series in Economics 44, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Management.
- Gencay, Ramazan & Selcuk, Faruk & Ulugulyagci, Abdurrahman, 2003. "High volatility, thick tails and extreme value theory in value-at-risk estimation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 337-356, October.
- Anand, Abhinav & Li, Tiantian & Kurosaki, Tetsuo & Kim, Young Shin, 2016. "Foster–Hart optimal portfolios," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 117-130.
- Tsionas, Efthymios G., 1998. "Monte Carlo inference in econometric models with symmetric stable disturbances," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 365-401, November.
- Mulligan, Robert F., 2010. "A fractal comparison of real and Austrian business cycle models," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(11), pages 2244-2267.
- Koliai, Lyes, 2016. "Extreme risk modeling: An EVT–pair-copulas approach for financial stress tests," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 1-22.
- George Karathanassis & Vasilios Sogiakas, 2010. "Spill over effects of futures contracts initiation on the cash market: a regime shift approach," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 95-143, January.
- Broze, Laurence & Scaillet, Olivier & Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 1995.
"Testing for continuous-time models of the short-term interest rate,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 199-223, September.
- BROZE, Laurence & SCAILLET, Olivier & ZAKOIAN , Jean-Michel, 1993. "Testing for Continuous-Time Models of the Short-Term Interest Rate," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 1993031, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Broze, L. & Scaillet, O. & Zakoïan, J.-M., 1995. "Testing for continuous-time models of the short-term interest rate," LIDAM Reprints CORE 1177, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gaetano Iaquinta & Fabio Lamantia & Ivar Massabò & Sergio Ortobelli, 2009. "Moment based approaches to value the risk of contingent claim portfolios," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 165(1), pages 97-121, January.
- de Mattos Neto, Paulo S.G. & Cavalcanti, George D.C. & Madeiro, Francisco & Ferreira, Tiago A.E., 2013. "An ideal gas approach to classify countries using financial indices," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(1), pages 177-183.
- Mulligan, Robert F. & Lombardo, Gary A., 2004. "Maritime businesses: volatile stock prices and market valuation inefficiencies," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 321-336, May.
More about this item
KeywordsCopulas; non-elliptical copulas; mixtures; tail dependence; measures of association.;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sce:scecfa:94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sceeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.