How to Get the Blanchard-Kahn Form from a General Linear Rational Expectations Model
In this paper we prove that every linear model with rational expectations can be transformed by means of an one-to-one mapping into another model which has one of the following properties: i) it is degenerated, ii) it is backward, iii) it has a Blanchard-Kahn form. In addition to some simple illustrations, we provide two applications on two nonlinear forward-looking economic models in order to show how to use our theoretical analysis for local stability assessement.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.unige.ch/ce/ce96/welcome.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Hercowitz, Zvi & Huffman, Gregory W, 1988. "Investment, Capacity Utilization, and the Real Business Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(3), pages 402-17, June.
- Blanchard, Olivier J, 1985.
"Debt, Deficits, and Finite Horizons,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 223-47, April.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kahn, Charles M, 1980. "The Solution of Linear Difference Models under Rational Expectations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1305-11, July.
- Laurence Broze & Christian Gouriéroux & Ariane Szafarz, 1990. "Reduced Forms of Rational Expectations Models," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/647, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Boucekkine, Raouf & Le Van, Cuong, 1996. "Checking for Saddlepoint Stability: An Easy Test," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 9(4), pages 317-30, November.
- King, Robert G. & Plosser, Charles I. & Rebelo, Sergio T., 1988. "Production, growth and business cycles : I. The basic neoclassical model," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 195-232.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sce:scecf6:_035. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.