Modelling Institutional Change in the Payments System, and its Implications for Monetary Policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mills, T. C. & Wood, G. E., 1977. "Money substitutes and monetary policy in the U.K., 1922-1974," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 19-36.
- Evan F. Koenig, 1990.
"Real Money Balances and the Timing of Consumption: An Empirical Investigation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 105(2), pages 399-425.
- Koenig, Evan F., 1989. "Real money balances and the timing of consumption: an empirical investigation," Working Papers 8906, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Michael Latzer & Stefan W. Schmitz (ed.), 2002. "Carl Menger and the Evolution of Payments Systems," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2630.
- McCallum, Bennett T & Nelson, Edward, 1999.
"An Optimizing IS-LM Specification for Monetary Policy and Business Cycle Analysis,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(3), pages 296-316, August.
- Bennett T. McCallum & Edward Nelson, "undated". "An Optimizing IS-LM Specification for Monetary Policy and Business Cycle Analysis," GSIA Working Papers 1997-71, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Bennett T. McCallum & Edward Nelson, 1997. "An Optimizing IS-LM Specification for Monetary Policy and Business Cycle Analysis," NBER Working Papers 5875, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shapley, Lloyd S & Shubik, Martin, 1977. "Trade Using One Commodity as a Means of Payment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 937-968, October.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1963. "A Monetary History of the United States, 1867–1960," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie63-1, January.
- Nelson, Edward, 2002.
"Direct effects of base money on aggregate demand: theory and evidence,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 687-708, May.
- Edward Nelson, 2000. "Direct effects of base money on aggregate demand: theory and evidence," Bank of England working papers 122, Bank of England.
- Nelson, Edward, 2001. "Direct Effects of Base Money on Aggregate Demand: Theory and Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 2666, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Menger, Carl, 1892. "On the Origins of Money," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 2, pages 239-255.
- Alchian, Armen A, 1977. "Why Money?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 9(1), pages 133-140, February.
- Capie, Forrest, 1986. "Conditions in which very rapid inflation has appeared," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 115-168, January.
- Fuhrer, Jeffrey C & Moore, George R, 1995. "Monetary Policy Trade-offs and the Correlation between Nominal Interest Rates and Real Output," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 219-239, March.
- Hurwicz, Leonid, 1973. "The Design of Mechanisms for Resource Allocation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 1-30, May.
- Giraud, Gael, 2003. "Strategic market games: an introduction," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(5-6), pages 355-375, July.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sbs:wpsefe:2005fe01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maxine Collett). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frcoxuk.html .