Monetary Aggregates in Pakistan: Theoretical and Empirical Underpinnings
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Khan, Mahmood ul Hasan & Hussain, Fida, 2005. "Monetary aggregates in Pakistan: theoretical and empirical underpinnings," MPRA Paper 31430, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2005.
References listed on IDEAS
- NAJAM us SAQIB & ALlY A H. KHAN, 1988. "On an Empirical Definition of Money for Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 27(4), pages 853-859.
- Milton Friedman & Anna Jacobson Schwartz, 1970. "Introduction to "Monetary Statistics of the United States: Estimates, Sources, Methods"," NBER Chapters,in: Monetary Statistics of the United States: Estimates, Sources, Methods, pages 1-85 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ewe-Ghee Lim & Subramanian S Sriram, 2003. "Factors Underlying the Definition of Broad Money; An Examination of Recent U.S. Monetary Statistics and Practices of Other Countries," IMF Working Papers 03/62, International Monetary Fund.
- Laidler, David, 1969. "The Definition of Money: Theoretical and Empirical Problems," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 1(3), pages 508-525, August.
- Alfred Broaddus, 1975. "Aggregating the monetary aggregates : concepts and issues," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Nov.
- Chetty, V Karuppan, 1969. "On Measuring the Nearness of the Near-Moneys," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(3), pages 270-281, June.
- John R. Walter, 1989. "Monetary aggregates: a user's guide," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Jan, pages 20-28.
- Laumas, Gurcharan S, 1969. "Savings Deposits in the Definition of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(6), pages 892-896, Nov./Dec..
- Syed Muhammad Tariq & Kent Matthews, 1997. "The Demand for Simple-sum and Divisia Monetary Aggregates for Pakistan: A Cointegration Approach," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 36(3), pages 275-291.
- Koot, Ronald S, 1975. "A Factor Analytic Approach to an Empirical Definition of Money," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(4), pages 1081-1089, September.
- Moroney, John R & Wilbratte, Barry J, 1976. "Money and Money Substitutes: A Time Series Analysis of Household Portfolios," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 8(2), pages 181-198, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Khan, Rana Ejaz Ali & Gill, Abid Rashid, 2007. "Impact of Supply of Money on Food and General Price Indices: A Case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 16293, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsMoney supply; M2; M3; deposits; financial assets.;
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sbp:wpaper:07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Faisal Saleem). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sbpgvpk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.