Monetary aggregates in Pakistan: theoretical and empirical underpinnings
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mahmood ul Hasan Khan & Fida Hussain, 2005. "Monetary Aggregates in Pakistan: Theoretical and Empirical Underpinnings," SBP Working Paper Series 07, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
References listed on IDEAS
- Laidler, David, 1969. "The Definition of Money: Theoretical and Empirical Problems," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 1(3), pages 508-525, August.
- Chetty, V Karuppan, 1969. "On Measuring the Nearness of the Near-Moneys," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(3), pages 270-281, June.
- Richard G. Anderson & Kenneth A. Kavajecz, 1994.
"A historical perspective on the Federal Reserve's monetary aggregates: definition, construction and targeting,"
Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 1-31.
- Richard G. Anderson & Kenneth A. Kavajecz, 1994. "A historical perspective on the Federal Reserve's monetary aggregates: definition, construction and targeting," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 1-31.
- Moroney, John R & Wilbratte, Barry J, 1976. "Money and Money Substitutes: A Time Series Analysis of Household Portfolios," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 8(2), pages 181-198, May.
- Laumas, Gurcharan S, 1969. "Savings Deposits in the Definition of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(6), pages 892-896, Nov./Dec..
- NAJAM us SAQIB & ALlY A H. KHAN, 1988. "On an Empirical Definition of Money for Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 27(4), pages 853-859.
- Mr. Ewe-Ghee Lim & Mr. Subramanian S Sriram, 2003. "Factors Underlying the Definition of Broad Money: An Examination of Recent U.S. Monetary Statistics and Practices of Other Countries," IMF Working Papers 2003/062, International Monetary Fund.
- Estrella, Arturo & Mishkin, Frederic S., 1997.
"Is there a role for monetary aggregates in the conduct of monetary policy?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 279-304, October.
- Arturo Estrella & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1996. "Is There a Role for Monetary Aggregates in the Conduct of Monetary Policy?," NBER Working Papers 5845, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Milton Friedman & Anna Jacobson Schwartz, 1970. "Introduction to "Monetary Statistics of the United States: Estimates, Sources, Methods"," NBER Chapters, in: Monetary Statistics of the United States: Estimates, Sources, Methods, pages 1-85, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alfred Broaddus, 1975. "Aggregating the monetary aggregates : concepts and issues," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, vol. 61(Nov).
- John R. Walter, 1989. "Monetary aggregates: a user's guide," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, vol. 75(Jan), pages 20-28.
- Syed Muhammad Tariq & Kent Matthews, 1997. "The Demand for Simple-sum and Divisia Monetary Aggregates for Pakistan: A Cointegration Approach," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 36(3), pages 275-291.
- Koot, Ronald S, 1975. "A Factor Analytic Approach to an Empirical Definition of Money," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(4), pages 1081-1089, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Khan, Rana Ejaz Ali & Gill, Abid Rashid, 2007. "Impact of Supply of Money on Food and General Price Indices: A Case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 16293, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- William A Barnett & Unja Chae & John W Keating, 2012.
"Forecast Design In Monetary Capital Stock Measurement,"
Global Journal of Economics (GJE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(01), pages 1-53.
- William Barnett & Unja Chae & John Keating, 2005. "Forecast Design in Monetary Capital Stock Measurement," Macroeconomics 0508022, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William Barnett & Unja Chae & John Keating, 2005. "Forecast Design in Monetary Capital Stock Measurement," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200516, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2005.
- Anderson, Richard G. & Duca, John V. & Fleissig, Adrian R. & Jones, Barry E., 2019. "New monetary services (Divisia) indexes for the post-war U.S," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 3-17.
- Sophie Altermatt, 2018. "The Long-Run Demand for M2 Reconsidered," Diskussionsschriften dp1824, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Benati, Luca, 2009. "Long run evidence on money growth and inflation," Working Paper Series 1027, European Central Bank.
- Sophia Lazaretou, 2009. "Money supply and Greek history monetary statistics: definition, construction, sources and data," Working Papers 105, Bank of Greece.
- Raghbendra Jha & Ibotombi Longjam, 2008. "A Divisia type saving aggregate for India," Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 51-66.
- Haroon Sarwar & Zakir Hussain & Masood Sarwar, 2011. "A Semi-Nonparametric Approach to the Demand for Money in Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 16(2), pages 87-110, Jul-Dec.
- Calomiris, Charles W. & Mason, Joseph R. & Wheelock, David C., 2011.
"Did Doubling Reserve Requirements Cause the Recession of 1937-1938? A Microeconomic Approach,"
11-03, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph Mason & David Wheelock, 2011. "Did Doubling Reserve Requirements Cause the Recession of 1937-1938? A Microeconomic Approach," NBER Working Papers 16688, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason & David C. Wheelock, 2011. "Did doubling reserve requirements cause the recession of 1937-1938? a microeconomic approach," Working Papers 2011-002, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Fleissig, Adrian & Swofford, James L., 1996. "A dynamic asymptotically ideal model of money demand," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 371-380, April.
- Dallas S. Batten & Daniel L. Thornton, 1985. "Weighted monetary aggregates as intermediate targets," Working Papers 1985-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Vijay VICTOR & Maria FEKETE FARKAS & Florence JEESON, 2018. "Inflation unemployment dynamics in Hungary – A structured cointegration and vector error correction model approach," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(2(615), S), pages 195-204, Summer.
- Athanasios L. Athanasenas & Constantinos Katrakilidis, 2008. "An Eclectic Causality Model for Income Growth: Evidence from Greece," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(1-2), pages 31-46.
- Jérôme Creel & Henri Sterdyniak, 1999.
"La politique monétaire sans monnaie,"
Revue de l'OFCE, Programme National Persée, vol. 70(1), pages 111-153.
- Jérôme Creel & Henri Sterdyniak, 1999. "La politique monétaire sans monnaie," Post-Print hal-01010831, HAL.
- Jérôme Creel & Henri Sterdyniak, 1999. "La politique monétaire sans monnaie," SciencePo Working papers Main hal-01010831, HAL.
- Jérôme Creel & Henri Sterdyniak, 1999. "La politique monétaire sans monnaie," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/2961, Sciences Po.
- S. Adnan & H.A.S. BUKHARI & Safdar Ullah KHAN, 2008.
"Does Volatility In Government Borrowing Leads To Higher Inflation? Evidence From Pakistan,"
Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 3(3(5)_Fall), pages 187-202.
- Haider, Adnan & Khan, Safdar Ullah, 2007. "Does Volatility in Government Borrowing Leads to Higher Inflation? Evidence from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 17008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dreger, Christian & Wolters, Jürgen, 2015. "Unconventional monetary policy and money demand," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 40-54.
- Jens R. Clausen & Juergen B. Donges, 2001. "European Monetary Policy: The Ongoing Debate on Conceptual Issues," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(10), pages 1309-1326, November.
- D. M. Nachane & Amlendu Kumar Dubey, 2008. "The Vanishing Role of Money in the Macroeconomy - An Empirical Investigation Based On Spectral and Wavelet Analysis," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22369, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- James S Laurenceson & Callan Windsor, 2011. "How Effective is Chinaâ€™s Monetary Policy? An assessment of the link between the growth of monetary aggregates and inflation during the 2000s," Discussion Papers Series 435, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Bruckner, Matthias & Schabert, Andreas, 2006. "Can money matter for interest rate policy?," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 2823-2857, December.
- Michaelides, Panayotis G. & Milios, John G. & Konstantakis, Konstantinos N. & Tarnaras, Panayiotis, 2015. "Quantity-of-money fluctuations and economic instability: empirical evidence for the USA (1958–2006)," MPRA Paper 90145, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary Aggregates; Pakistan;
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
- E40 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31430. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.