A Hybrid Scatter Search Heuristic for Personalized Crew Rostering in the Airline Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Desaulniers, G. & Desrosiers, J. & Dumas, Y. & Marc, S. & Rioux, B. & Solomon, M. M. & Soumis, F., 1997. "Crew pairing at Air France," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 245-259, March.
- Marti, Rafael & Laguna, Manuel & Glover, Fred, 2006. "Principles of scatter search," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 169(2), pages 359-372, March.
- Freling, R. & Lentink, R.M. & Wagelmans, A.P.M., 2001. "A decision support system for crew planning in passenger transportation using a flexible branch-and-price algorithm," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2001-57-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Ernst, A. T. & Jiang, H. & Krishnamoorthy, M. & Sier, D., 2004. "Staff scheduling and rostering: A review of applications, methods and models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 153(1), pages 3-27, February.
- Karla L. Hoffman & Manfred Padberg, 1993. "Solving Airline Crew Scheduling Problems by Branch-and-Cut," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(6), pages 657-682, June.
- Hansen, Pierre & Mladenovic, Nenad, 2001. "Variable neighborhood search: Principles and applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(3), pages 449-467, May.
- Beasley, J. E. & Chu, P. C., 1996. "A genetic algorithm for the set covering problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 392-404, October.
- Kolisch, Rainer & Hartmann, Sonke, 2006. "Experimental investigation of heuristics for resource-constrained project scheduling: An update," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 174(1), pages 23-37, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Atoosa Kasirzadeh & Mohammed Saddoune & François Soumis, 0. "Airline crew scheduling: models, algorithms, and data sets," EURO Journal on Transportation and Logistics, Springer;EURO - The Association of European Operational Research Societies, vol. 0, pages 1-27.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:258:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10479-016-2260-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Mesquita, Marta & Moz, Margarida & Paias, Ana & Pato, Margarida, 2015. "A decompose-and-fix heuristic based on multi-commodity flow models for driver rostering with days-off pattern," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 245(2), pages 423-437.
- repec:spr:joheur:v:23:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10732-017-9343-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Van den Bergh, Jorne & Beliën, Jeroen & De Bruecker, Philippe & Demeulemeester, Erik & De Boeck, Liesje, 2013. "Personnel scheduling: A literature review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 226(3), pages 367-385.
- repec:spr:eurjtl:v:6:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s13676-015-0080-x is not listed on IDEAS
- De Bruecker, Philippe & Van den Bergh, Jorne & Beliën, Jeroen & Demeulemeester, Erik, 2015. "Workforce planning incorporating skills: State of the art," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 243(1), pages 1-16.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:239:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-014-1648-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Breugem, T. & Dollevoet, T.A.B. & Huisman, D., 2017. "Is Equality always desirable?," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI2017-30, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
More about this item
Keywordsairline crew rostering; meta-heuristics; scatter search;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rug:rugwps:07/454. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nathalie Verhaeghe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ferugbe.html .