Contingent Claim Pricing In A Dual Expected Utility Theory Framework
This paper investigates the price for contingent claims in a dual expected utility theory framework, the dual price, considering complete arbitrage-free nancial markets. In this framework this dual price is obtained, for the rst time in the literature, without any comonotonicity hypothesis and for contingent claims written on n underlying assets following generic Itô processes. An application is also considered assuming geometric brownian motion for the underlying assets and the Wang transform as distortion function.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy|
Phone: +39 06 57114612
Fax: +39 06 57114771
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/dipartimenti/economia/it/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert C. Merton, 1973.
"Theory of Rational Option Pricing,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(1), pages 141-183, Spring.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Wang, Shaun S., 2002. "A Universal Framework for Pricing Financial and Insurance Risks," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(02), pages 213-234, November.
- Marisa Cenci & Massimiliano Corradini & Andrea Gheno, 2005. "Dynamic portfolio selection in a dual expected utility theory framework," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0056, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Mahmoud Hamada & Michael Sherris, 2003. "Contingent claim pricing using probability distortion operators: methods from insurance risk pricing and their relationship to financial theory," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 19-47.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Cenci, Marisa & Corradini, Massimiliano & Gheno, Andrea, 2006. "Dynamic Portfolio Selection in a Dual Expected Utility Theory Framework," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(02), pages 505-520, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rtr:wpaper:0082. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Telephone for information)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.