Evidence on the Determinants of Innovation in a Sample of Spanish Firms
This paper provides empirical evidence on the determinants of firms’ R&D investment and innovation decisions by using an original sample of Spanish firms from all business sectors (industry and services). The sample is the result of a survey conducted in Spain in 2006-2007 and includes firm-level data on innovative and noninnovative firms. The main findings of the econometric analysis are twofold. First, very few firm characteristics turn out to be associated with self-declared innovative or non-innovative firms while several ones appear to be associated with firms investing in R&D. Second, the higher the export intensity, the higher the probability for a firm to invest in R&D and innovate.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: + 32 (0) 4 366 31 08
Fax: + 32 (0) 4 366 31 06
Web page: http://www2.ulg.ac.be/crepp/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zoltan Acs & David Audretsch, 1990. "Innovation and Small Firms," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011131, June.
- Mita Bhattacharya & Harry Bloch, 2004. "Determinants of Innovation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 155-162, 03.
- Aida Caldera, 2010.
"Innovation and exporting: evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 146(4), pages 657-689, December.
- Aïda Caldera Sanchez, 2009. "Innovation and Exporting: Edvidence from Spanish Manufacturing Firms," Working Papers ECARES 2009_014, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Paula Bustos, 2009.
"Trade liberalization, exports and technology upgrading: Evidence on the impact of MERCOSUR on Argentinean firms,"
Economics Working Papers
1173, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Paula Bustos, 2011. "Trade Liberalization, Exports, and Technology Upgrading: Evidence on the Impact of MERCOSUR on Argentinian Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(1), pages 304-40, February.
- Paula Bustos, 2009. "Trade Liberalization, Exports and Technology Upgrading: Evidence on the Impact of MERCOSUR on Argentinean Firms," 2009 Meeting Papers 1029, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Aghion, Philippe & Howitt, Peter, 1992. "A Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Scholarly Articles 12490578, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521633574 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rpp:wpaper:1114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mathieu Lefebvre)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.