Endogenous Growth and Parental Funding of Education in an OLG Model with a Fixed Factor
This paper examines the stationary state income level and income growth in an overlapping generations (OLG) model in which production uses three inputs: physical capital, human capital and land. The accumulation of human capital relies on parental funding of education and the past aggregate human capital stock. Four cases exhibiting various possible specifications of returns to scale in output and human capital technologies are studied and compared.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Boulevard du Rectorat, 7, Batiment 31, boite 39, 4000 Liege|
Phone: + 32 (0) 4 366 31 08
Fax: + 32 (0) 4 366 31 06
Web page: http://www2.ulg.ac.be/crepp/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philippe Monfort & David de la Croix, 2000.
"Education funding and regional convergence,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 13(3), pages 403-424.
- de la Croix, David & Monfort, Philippe, 1999. "Education Funding and Regional Convergence," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1999010, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1993. "Transitional Dynamics in Two-Sector Models of Endogenous Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 739-773.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1992. "Transitional Dynamics in Two-Sector Models of Endogenous Growth," NBER Working Papers 3986, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mulligan, C.B. & Sala-i-Martin, X., 1992. "Transitional Dynamics in Two-Sector Models of Endogenous Growth," Papers 651, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Glomm, Gerhard & Ravikumar, B, 1992. "Public versus Private Investment in Human Capital Endogenous Growth and Income Inequality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(4), pages 818-834, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rpp:wpaper:1003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mathieu Lefebvre)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.