The accumulation of capital and economic growth in Brazil. A long-term perspective (1950-2008)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adalmir Marquetti & Eduardo Maldonado Filho & Vladimir Lautert, 2010. "The Profit Rate in Brazil, 1953-2003," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 42(4), pages 485-504, December.
- Dalum, Bent & Laursen, Keld & Verspagen, Bart, 1999. "Does Specialization Matter for Growth?," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 267-288, June.
- Cimoli, Mario & Porcile, Gabriel & Primi, Annalisa & Vergara, Sebastián, 2005. "Cambio estructural, heterogeneidad productiva y tecnología en América Latina," Documentos de Proyectos 2800, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Robert Rowthorn & Ramana Ramaswamy, 1999. "Growth, Trade, and Deindustrialization," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 46(1), pages 1-2.
- Mylène Gaulard, 2010. "La désindustrialisation brésilienne : une lecture marxiste," Post-Print halshs-01811567, HAL.
- Hofman, Andre A, 2000. "Standardised Capital Stock Estimates in Latin America: A 1950-94 Update," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 45-86, January.
- Alfredo Saad-Filho & Maria de Lourdes R. Mollo, 2002. "Inflation and stabilization in Brazil: a political economy analysis," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 34(2), pages 109-135, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Keld Laursen, 1998. "How Structural Change Differs, and Why it Matters (for Economic Growth)," DRUID Working Papers 98-25, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Oludele Emmanuel Folarin, 2019.
"Financial reforms and industrialisation: evidence from Nigeria,"
Journal of Social and Economic Development, Springer;Institute for Social and Economic Change, vol. 21(1), pages 166-189, June.
- Oludele E. Folarin, 2019. "Financial Reforms and Industrialisation: Evidence from Nigeria," Working Papers of the African Governance and Development Institute. 19/014, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Oludele E. Folarin, 2019. "Financial Reforms and Industrialisation: Evidence from Nigeria," CEREDEC Working Papers 19/014, Centre de Recherche pour le DÃ©veloppement Economique (CEREDEC).
- Oludele E. Folarin, 2019. "Financial Reforms and Industrialisation: Evidence from Nigeria," Research Africa Network Working Papers 19/014, Research Africa Network (RAN).
- Oludele E. Folarin, 2019. "Financial Reforms and Industrialisation: Evidence from Nigeria," Working Papers 19/014, European Xtramile Centre of African Studies (EXCAS).
- Alexandre Messa, 2012.
"Structural Change in The Brazilian Economy in The 2000s,"
1770, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Alexandre Messa, 2014. "Structural Change In The Brazilianeconomy In The 2000s," Anais do XL Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 40th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 087, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Alexandre Messa, 2015. "Structural Change in the Brazilian Economy in the 2000s," Discussion Papers 0190, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Moritz Cruz, 2008. "Can Free Trade Guarantee Gains from Trade?," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2008-97, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Juan R. Cuadrado-Roura & Andres Maroto-Sanchez, 2011. "Regional productivity growth in European countries. The role of services," ERSA conference papers ersa10p163, European Regional Science Association.
- Jose Miguel Albala-Bertrand, 2003.
"An Economical Approach to Estimate a Benchmark Capital Stock. An Optimal Consistency Method,"
503, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Jose Miguel Albala-Bertrand, 2003. "An Economical Approach to Estimate a Benchmark Capital Stock. An Optimal Consistency Method," Working Papers 503, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Karla Susana Barron Arreola & Ulises Castro Alvarez, 2015. "Especializacion y Productividad del Sector Turistico en Mexico," Revista Internacional Administracion & Finanzas, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 8(5), pages 45-61.
- Magnani, Natalia & Vaona, Andrea, 2013.
"Regional spillover effects of renewable energy generation in Italy,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 663-671.
- Natalia Magnani & Andrea Vaona, 2011. "Regional spillover effects of renewable energy generation in Italy," Working Papers 12/2011, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Mario Cimoli & Wellington Pereira & Gabriel Porcile & Fábio Scatolin, 2011.
"Structural change, technology, and economic growth: Brazil and the CIBS in a comparative perspective,"
Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 25-47, April.
- Mario Cimoli & Wellington Pereira & Gabriel Porcile & Fábio Dória Scatolin, 2008. "Structural Change, Technology, and Economic Growth: Brazil and the CIBS in a Comparative Perspective," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2008-105, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Nassif, André & Morandi, Lucilene & Araújo, Eliane & Feijó, Carmem, 2020. "Economic development and stagnation in Brazil (1950–2011)," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 1-15.
- Fulvio Castellacci, 2007.
"Technological regimes and sectoral differences in productivity growth ,"
Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(6), pages 1105-1145, December.
- Castellacci, Fulvio, 2007. "Technological regimes and sectoral differences in productivity growth," MPRA Paper 27598, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raphael Bergoeing & Raimundo Soto, 2005.
"Testing Real Business Cycle Models in a Emerging Economy,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Rómulo A. Chumacero & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (S (ed.),General Equilibrium Models for the Chilean Economy, edition 1, volume 9, chapter 7, pages 221-260,
Central Bank of Chile.
- Raphael Bergoeing & Raimundo Soto, 2002. "Testing Real Business Cycle Models in an Emerging Economy," Documentos de Trabajo 126, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Raphael Bergoeing & Raimundo Soto, 2002. "Testing Real Business Cycles Models in an Emerging Economy," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 159, Central Bank of Chile.
- Raimundo Soto & Raphael Bergoeing, 2002. "Testing Real Business Cycle Models in an Emerging Economy," Documentos de Trabajo 219, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/693 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas & Ricardo Paes Mamede, 2008. "Structural Transformation and the role of Foreign Direct Investment in Portugal: a descriptive analysis for the period 1990-2005," GEE Papers 0009, Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia, revised Dec 2008.
- Valentina Meliciani & Maria Savona, 2015.
"The determinants of regional specialisation in business services: agglomeration economies, vertical linkages and innovation,"
Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 387-416.
- Valentina Meliciani & Maria Savona, 2011. "The Determinants of Regional Specialisation in Business Services: Agglomeration Economies, Vertical Linkages and Innovation," SPRU Working Paper Series 193, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- André Roncaglia De Carvalho & - André M. Marques, 2018. "Economic Development And Inflation: A Theoretical And Empirical Analysis," Anais do XLIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 44th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 41, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Siliverstovs, Boriss & Kholodilin, Konstantin A. & Thiessen, Ulrich, 2011. "Does aging influence structural change? Evidence from panel data," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 244-260, June.
- Guillaume Daudin & Sandrine Levasseur, 2005.
"Appendix 8 : Measuring the effect of international relocations on French economy,"
Sciences Po publications
info:hdl:2441/693, Sciences Po.
- Guillaume Daudin & Sandrine Levasseur, 2005. "Appendix 8 : Measuring the effect of international relocations on French economy," Working Papers hal-01073900, HAL.
- Kosacoff, Bernardo & López, Andrés & Pedrazzoli, Mara, 2008. "Trade, investment and fragmentation of the global market: is Latin America lagging behind?," Estudios y Perspectivas – Oficina de la CEPAL en Buenos Aires 39, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Aleksandra Parteka, 2010.
"Employment and export specialisation along the development path: some robust evidence,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 145(4), pages 615-640, January.
- Aleksandra PARTEKA, 2007. "Employment and Export Specialization Patterns versus GDP Per Capita Performance - Unifying Approach," Working Papers 302, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Ken Coutts & Robert Rowthorn, 2013. "De-industrialisation & the Balance of Payments in Advanced Economies," Working Papers wp453, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
More about this item
Keywordsgrowth; investment; profitability; productivity;
All these keywords.
- E11 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Marxian; Sraffian; Kaleckian
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- N16 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EFF-2015-03-13 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-GRO-2015-03-13 (Economic Growth)
- NEP-HIS-2015-03-13 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LAM-2015-03-13 (Central & South America)
- NEP-MAC-2015-03-13 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:kngedp:2014_003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrea Ingianni). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sekinuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.