The Role of Social Capital in Economic Development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Quibria, M.G., 2003. "The Puzzle of Social Capital: A Critical Review," MPRA Paper 2640, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2003.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1997. "Does Social Capital Have an Economic Payoff? A Cross-Country Investigation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1251-1288.
- Gregg, Paul & Wadsworth, Jonathan, 1996. "How Effective Are State Employment Agencies? Jobcentre Use and Job Matching in Britain," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(3), pages 443-467, August.
- Fabio Sabatini, 2005. "Resources for the Study of Social Capital," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 198-198, April.
- Temple, Jonathan, 1998. "Initial Conditions, Social Capital and Growth in Africa," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 7(3), pages 309-347, October.
- Steven N. Durlauf, 2002. "On the Empirics of Social Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 459-479, November.
- Foley, Michael W. & Edwards, Bob, 1999. "Is It Time to Disinvest in Social Capital?," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(02), pages 141-173, May.
- Fabio Sabatini, 2005. "Social Capital, Public Spending and the Quality of Economic Development.The Case of Italy," Development and Comp Systems 0512016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Molem Christopher Sama & Elizabeth Ankiambom Chiatii & Nkwetta Ajong Aquilas & Ofeh Moses Abit, 2016. "Building social capital in the fishery communities of the South-West region of Cameroon: The case of Limbe municipality," Asian Journal of Agriculture and rural Development, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 6(7), pages 119-130, July.
- Fabio Sabatini, 2010.
"Job Instability and Family Planning: Insights from the Italian Puzzle,"
2010.90, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Fabio Sabatini, 2010. "Job instability and family planning: insights from the Italian puzzle," Department of Economics University of Siena 584, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Cerqueti, Roy & Sabatini, Fabio & Ventura, Marco, 2016.
"Civic capital and support for the welfare state,"
71566, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roy Cerqueti & Fabio Sabatini & Marco Ventura, 2017. "Civic capital and support for the welfare state," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2017/13, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Cerqueti, Roy & Sabatini, Fabio & Ventura, Marco, 2017. "Civic capital and support for the welfare state," EconStor Preprints 171243, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Roy Cerqueti & Fabio Sabatini & Marco Ventura, 2017. "Civic capital and support for the welfare state," Econometica Working Papers wp65, Econometica.
- Sabatini, Fabio, 2014.
"The relationship between happiness and health: Evidence from Italy,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 178-187.
- Sabatini, Fabio, 2011. "The relationship between happiness and health: evidence from Italy," MPRA Paper 30948, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sabatini, F, 2011. "The relationship between happiness and health: evidence from Italy," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 11/07, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial capital; Social networks; Civil Society; Economic development; Social quality; Labour precariousness; Structural Equations Modelling;
- C39 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Other
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:aiccon:2007_043. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paolo Venturi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aiccoea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.