Issues for Renminbi Internationalization: An Overview
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Barry Eichengreen & Masahiro Kawai, 2014. "Issues for Renminbi Internationalization : An Overview," Finance Working Papers 23961, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Barry Eichengreen & Masahiro Kawai, 2014. "Issues for Renminbi Internationalization : An Overview," Macroeconomics Working Papers 23961, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicholas R. Lardy & Nicholas Borst, 2013. "A Blueprint for Rebalancing the Chinese Economy," Policy Briefs PB13-2, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Eswar S. Prasad & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2008.
"A Pragmatic Approach to Capital Account Liberalization,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 22(3), pages 149-172, Summer.
- Prasad, Eswar & Rajan, Raghuram G., 2008. "A Pragmatic Approach to Capital Account Liberalization," IZA Discussion Papers 3475, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Eswar S. Prasad & Raghuram Rajan, 2008. "A Pragmatic Approach to Capital Account Liberalization," NBER Working Papers 14051, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwin M. Truman & Anna Wong, 2006. "The Case for an International Reserve Diversification Standard," Working Paper Series WP06-2, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Michael W. Klein, 2012. "Capital Controls: Gates versus Walls," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 43(2 (Fall)), pages 317-367.
- Obstfeld, Maurice & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009.
"Global imbalances and the financial crisis: products of common causes,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Oct, pages 131-172.
- Obstfeld, Maurice & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. "Global Imbalances and the Financial Crisis: Products of Common Causes," CEPR Discussion Papers 7606, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Claudio Borio & Piti Disyatat, 2011. "Global imbalances and the financial crisis: Link or no link?," BIS Working Papers 346, Bank for International Settlements.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gunther Schnabl & Kristina Spantig, 2016. "(De)Stabilizing Exchange Rate Strategies In East Asian Monetary And Economic Integration," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 61(02), pages 1-24, June.
- Hyoung-kyu Chey & Geun-Young Kim & Dong Hyun Lee, 2016. "Who Are the First Users of a Newly-Emerging International Currency? A Demand-Side Study of Chinese Renminbi Internationalization," Working Papers 2016-19, Economic Research Institute, Bank of Korea.
- repec:bla:asiaps:v:6:y:2019:i:1:p:40-58 is not listed on IDEAS
- Batten, Jonathan A. & Szilagyi, Peter G., 2016. "The internationalisation of the RMB: New starts, jumps and tipping points," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 221-238.
- He, Dong & Yu, Xiangrong, 2016.
"Network effects in currency internationalisation: Insights from BIS triennial surveys and implications for the renminbi,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 203-229.
- Dong He & Xiangrong Yu, 2014. "Network Effects in Currency Internationalisation: Insights from BIS Triennial Surveys and Implications for the Renminbi," Working Papers 242014, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Frankel, Jeffrey, 2016. "Globalization and Chinese Growth: Ends of Trends?," Working Paper Series 16-029, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Hyoung-kyu Chey, 2014. "A Demand-Side Analysis of Renminbi Internationalisation: The Renminbi in South Korea," GRIPS Discussion Papers 14-02, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:46:y:2018:i:c:p:286-301 is not listed on IDEAS
- Löchel, H. & Packham, N. & Walisch, F., 2016. "Determinants of the onshore and offshore Chinese government yield curves," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 77-93.
- repec:bla:devchg:v:50:y:2019:i:1:p:96-121 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wayne Swan, 2015. "Financing Sustainable Development: What Can We Learn from the Australian Experience of Reform?," MPDD Working Paper Series WP/15/11, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Angella Faith LAPUKENI & SATO Kiyotaka, 2019. "Invoice Currency Choice in Malawi's Imports from Asia: Is there any evidence of Renminbi Internationalization?," Discussion papers 19060, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- SATO Kiyotaka & SHIMIZU Junko, 2016. "The International Use of the Renminbi: Evidence from Japanese firm-level data," Discussion papers 16033, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Kristina Spantig, 2015. "International monetary policy spillovers—can the RMB and the euro challenge the hegemony of the US dollar?," Asia Europe Journal, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 459-478, December.
- Hyoung-kyu Chey & Yu Wai Vic Li, 2016. "Bringing the Central Bank into the Study of Currency Internationalization: Monetary Policy, Independence, and Internationalization," GRIPS Discussion Papers 15-23, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Wayne Swan, 2015. "Financing sustainable development â€“ What can we learn from the Australian experience of reform?," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 22(2), pages 135-164, December.
More about this item
Keywordsrenminbi; yuan; international monetary policy; currency internationalization; foreign exchange; capital account liberalization; financial market;
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbiwp:0454. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ADB Institute). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/adbinjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.