The Impact of Technological and Non-Technological Innovations on Firm Growth
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Piergiuseppe Morone & Giuseppina Testa, 2008. "Firms Growth, Size And Innovation An Investigation Into The Italian Manufacturing Sector," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 311-329.
- Evans, David S, 1987.
"Tests of Alternative Theories of Firm Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(4), pages 657-674, August.
- Evans, David S., 1986. "Tests of Alternative Theories of Firm Growth," Working Papers 86-36, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Schmidt, Tobias & Rammer, Christian, 2007. "Non-technological and Technological Innovation: Strange Bedfellows?," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-052, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Del Monte, Alfredo & Papagni, Erasmo, 2003. "R&D and the growth of firms: empirical analysis of a panel of Italian firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1003-1014, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gang Zheng & Yanting Guo & Yajuan Wang, 2016. "Non-R&D Innovation Patterns in Chinese SMEs: An Empirical Study from Zhejiang Province," International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management (IJITM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(06), pages 1-20, December.
- Jian Hou & Jiancheng Chen & Hongfeng Song & Gang Wang, 2018. "Are Non-R&D Innovation Activities Actually Effective for Innovation Sustainability? Empirical Study from Chinese High-Tech Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(1), pages 1-14, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Farasat A. S. Bokhari & Franco Mariuzzo & Anna Rita Bennato, 2021.
"Innovation and growth in the UK pharmaceuticals: the case of product and marketing introductions,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 57(1), pages 603-634, June.
- Farasat A.S. Bokhari & Franco Mariuzzo & Anna Rita Bennato, 2019. "Innovation and growth in the UK pharmaceuticals: the case of product and marketing introductions," Working Paper series, University of East Anglia, Centre for Competition Policy (CCP) 2016-01v3, Centre for Competition Policy, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Colombelli, Alessandra & Haned, Naciba & Le Bas, Christian, 2013.
"On firm growth and innovation: Some new empirical perspectives using French CIS (1992–2004),"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 14-26.
- Alessandra Colombelli & Naciba Haned & Christian Le Bas, 2011. "On Firm Growth and Innovation. Some new empirical perspectives using French CIS (1992-2004)," ICER Working Papers 07-2011, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Alessandra Colombelli & Naciba Haned & Christian Le Bas, 2013. "On firm growth and innovation: Some new empirical perspectives using French CIS (1992–2004)," Post-Print hal-01079383, HAL.
- D.B. Audretsch & L. Klomp & E. Santarelli & A.R. Thurik, 2004.
"Gibrat's Law: Are the Services Different?,"
Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 24(3), pages 301-324, May.
- Audretsch, D.B. & Klomp, L. & Thurik, A.R., 2002. "Gibrat's Law: are the services different?," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-04-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Roy Thurik & Enrico Santarelli & David Audretsch & Luuk Klomp, 2002. "Gibrat's Law: Are the Services Different?," Scales Research Reports H200201, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Vehbi Ramaj & Anita Cucovic & Gezim Jusufi, 2022. "Innovation as a Success Key for Manufacturing SMEs: Empirical Insights from Kosovo," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 4, pages 113-127.
- Anna Giunta & Domenico Scalera & Annamaria Nifo, 2008. "Divisione del lavoro, crescita e divari di performance nell'industria italiana degli anni '90," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0097, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Martin Falk, 2012. "Quantile estimates of the impact of R&D intensity on firm performance," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 19-37, July.
- Kim, Jungho & Lee, Chang-Yang & Cho, Yunok, 2016. "Technological diversification, core-technology competence, and firm growth," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 113-124.
- Canarella, Giorgio & Miller, Stephen M., 2018.
"The determinants of growth in the U.S. information and communication technology (ICT) industry: A firm-level analysis,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 259-271.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller, 2017. "The Determinants of Growth in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Industry: A Firm-Level Analysis," Working papers 2017-12, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Cucculelli, Marco & Ermini, Barbara, 2012. "New product introduction and product tenure: What effects on firm growth?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 808-821.
- Fernandes, Cristina & Ferreira, João & Raposo, Mario, 2013. "Drivers to firm innovation and their effects on performance: An international comparison," MPRA Paper 46776, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mariana Mazzucato & Stuart Parris, 2015. "High-growth firms in changing competitive environments: the US pharmaceutical industry (1963 to 2002)," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 145-170, January.
- OKAMURO, Hiroyuki & KATO, Masatoshi, 2015. "Determinants of Quantitative and Qualitative Employment Growth: A Comparison between R&D-oriented and Other Start-ups in Japan," CCES Discussion Paper Series 62, Center for Research on Contemporary Economic Systems, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Domínguez Jurado, José Miguel & Triguero-Ruiz, Francisco & Avila-Cano, Antonio, 2021. "Firm growth in the 21st century: Does the Andalusian economy comply with Gibrat’s Law?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 577(C).
- Giulio Cainelli & Massimiliano Mazzanti & Roberto Zoboli, 2013. "Environmental performance, manufacturing sectors and firm growth: structural factors and dynamic relationships," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 15(4), pages 367-387, October.
- Blandina Oliveira & Adelino Fortunato, 2017. "Firm growth and R&D: Evidence from the Portuguese manufacturing industry," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 613-627, July.
- Hyunseog Chung & Soomin Eum & Chulung Lee, 2019. "Firm Growth and R&D in the Korean Pharmaceutical Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(10), pages 1-19, May.
- Helena Persson, 2004. "The Survival and Growth of New Establishments in Sweden, 1987-1995," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 23(5), pages 423-440, October.
- M. Kamil Kozan & Levent Akdeniz, 2014. "Role of Strong versus Weak Networks in Small Business Growth in an Emerging Economy," Administrative Sciences, MDPI, vol. 4(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Oznur Ozdamar & Eleftherios Giovanis & Sahizer Samuk, 2020.
"State business relations and the dynamics of job flows in Egypt and Turkey,"
Eurasian Business Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 10(4), pages 519-558, December.
- Eleftherios Giovanis & Oznur Ozdamar, 2018. "State Business Relations and the Dynamics of Job Flows in Egypt and Turkey," Working Papers 1271, Economic Research Forum, revised 19 Dec 2018.
- Aschhoff, Birgit & Baier, Elisabeth & Crass, Dirk & Hud, Martin & Hünermund, Paul & Köhler, Christian & Peters, Bettina & Rammer, Christian & Schricke, Esther & Schubert, Torben & Schwiebacher, Franz, 2013. "Innovation in Germany - Results of the German CIS 2006 to 2010. Background report on the Innovation Surveys 2007, 2009 and 2011 of the Mannheim Innovation Panel," ZEW Dokumentationen 13-01, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
More about this item
Keywordsinnovation; technological; non-technological; research and development; firm; turnover; employment; growth; Finland;
All these keywords.
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2008-11-25 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ICT-2008-11-25 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-INO-2008-11-25 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2008-11-25 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-MIC-2008-11-25 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-TID-2008-11-25 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rif:dpaper:1165. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/etlaafi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Kaija Hyvönen-Rajecki (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/etlaafi.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.