Biological Limits on Agricultural Intensification: An Example from Resistance Management
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Livingston, Michael J. & Carlson, Gerald A. & Fackler, Paul L., 2000. "Bt Cotton Refuge Policy," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21850, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Regev, Uri & Shalit, Haim & Gutierrez, A. P., 1983. "On the optimal allocation of pesticides with increasing resistance: The case of alfalfa weevil," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 86-100, March.
- Barrett, Scott, 1991. "Optimal soil conservation and the reform of agricultural pricing policies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 167-187, October.
- Clark, Colin W, 1973. "Profit Maximization and the Extinction of Animal Species," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(4), pages 950-961, July-Aug..
- D. Hueth & U. Regev, 1974. "Optimal Agricultural Pest Management with Increasing Pest Resistance," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 56(3), pages 543-552.
- Gardner Brown & Ramanan Laxminarayan, 1998. "Economics of Antibiotic Resistance," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 0060, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Albers, H. J. & Goldbach, M. J., 2000. "Irreversible ecosystem change, species competition, and shifting cultivation," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 261-280, July.
- Terrance M. Hurley & Bruce A. Babcock & Richard L. Hellmich, 1997.
"Biotechnology and Pest Resistance: An Economic Assessment of Refuges,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
97-wp183, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Hurley, Terrance M. & Babcock, Bruce A. & Hellmich, Richard L., 1998. "Biotechnology And Pest Resistance: An Economic Assessment Of Refuges," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 21000, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Southgate, Douglas, 1997. "Alternatives to the regulatory approach to biodiverse habitat conservation," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 39-110, February.
- Hyde, Jeffrey & Martin, Marshall A. & Preckel, Paul V. & Dobbins, Craig L. & Edwards, C. Richard, 1999. "The Economics Of Refuge Design For Bt Corn," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21519, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Pagiola, S. & Kellenberg, J. & Vidaeus, L. & Srivastava, J., 1997. "Mainstreaming Biodiversity in Agricultural Development. Toward Good Practice," Papers 15, World Bank - The World Bank Environment Paper.
- Hartman, Richard, 1976. "The Harvesting Decision When a Standing Forest Has Value," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(1), pages 52-58, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Linacre, Nicholas A. & Thompson, Colin J., 2005. "The emergence of insect resistance in Bt-corn: implication of resistance management information under uncertainty," EPTD discussion papers 136, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-00-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .