Credit and Banking in a DSGE model
euro area banking rates, this attenuator effect can be sizeable but short-lived. The model also allows analyzing the consequences of a tightening of credit conditions that reduces the supply of credit and increases banks' interest rates independently of monetary policy. In such a scenario, the greatest contribution to the negative effects on output components comes from spillovers from the tightening on firms.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aqib Aslam & Emiliano Santoro, 2008. "Bank Lending, Housing and Spreads," Discussion Papers 08-27, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics, revised Nov 2008.
- Matteo Iacoviello, 2002.
"House prices, borrowing constraints and monetary policy in the business cycle,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
542, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 06 Dec 2004.
- Matteo Iacoviello, 2005. "House Prices, Borrowing Constraints, and Monetary Policy in the Business Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(3), pages 739-764, June.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995.
"Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission,"
NBER Working Papers
5146, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 27-48, Fall.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," Working Papers 95-15, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Kok, Christoffer & Werner, Thomas, 2006. "Bank interest rate pass-through in the euro area: a cross country comparison," Working Paper Series 0580, European Central Bank.
- repec:clu:wpaper:0809-02 is not listed on IDEAS
- Javier Andrés & Oscar Arce, 2012.
"Banking Competition, Housing Prices and Macroeconomic Stability,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(565), pages 1346-1372, December.
- Javier Andrés & Óscar J. Arce, 2009. "Banking competition, housing prices and macroeconomic stability," Banco de Espa�a Working Papers 0830, Banco de Espa�a.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed009:586. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.