Higher Quality Exhaustible Resource Deposits Receiving Higher or Lower Resource Rents in a Simple Spatial Framework
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William D. Nordhaus, 1973. "The Allocation of Energy Resources," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(3), pages 529-576.
- Kolstad Charles D., 1994. "Hotelling Rents in Hotelling Space: Product Differentiation in Exhaustible Resource Markets," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 163-180, March.
- Robert D. Cairns and Graham A. Davis, 2001. "Adelman's Rule and the Petroleum Firm," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 31-54.
- Gerard Gaudet & Michel Moreaux & Stephen W. Salant, 2001. "Intertemporal Depletion of Resource Sites by Spatially Distributed Users," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 1149-1159, September.
More about this item
Keywordsexhaustible resource extraction; deposit quality; linear market;
- D49 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Other
- Q31 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-12-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2011-12-13 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2011-12-13 (Economic Geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qed:wpaper:1281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Babcock). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/qedquca.html .