The Cost Of U.S. Direct Foreign Investment
This paper focuses narrowly on developing a set of estimates of the cost in terms of the financial real rate of return the Canadian economy has paid to the U.S. residents who have made direct investments in Canada. These estimates will then be compared with corresponding real net-of-tax private rates of return generated by capital in the Canadian industrial sectors to find out if there is significant difference between the net return received by U.S. as compared to Canadian residents who have invested in Canada.
|Date of creation:||Oct 1980|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3N6|
Phone: (613) 533-2250
Fax: (613) 533-6668
Web page: http://www.econ.queensu.ca/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jenkins, Glenn P & Wright, Brian D, 1975. "Taxation of Income of Multinational Corporations: The Case of the United States Petroleum Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Glenn Jenkins & ANTAL DEUTSCH, 1974. "Foreign Tax Credits And The International Interdependance Of Corporate Tax Policies," Development Discussion Papers 1974-01, JDI Executive Programs.
- Glenn P. Jenkins, 1979. "Taxes and Tariffs and the Evaluation of the Benefit from Foreign Investment," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 12(3), pages 410-25, August.
- Stephen J Kobrin, 1979. "Political Risk: A Review and Reconsideration," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 10(1), pages 67-80, March.
- Glenn P. Jenkins, 2013. "A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis Of Acute Malnutrition Treatment Using Ready To Use Theraupetic Foods," Development Discussion Papers 2012-06, JDI Executive Programs.
- George F. Kopits, 1976. "Taxation and Multinational Firm Behavior: A Critical Survey (L'imposition et le comportement des entreprises multinationales: revue critique) (La tributaciÃ³n y el comportamiento de la empresa multina," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(3), pages 624-673, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qed:dpaper:35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bahman Kashi)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.