A FEASIBLE AND OBJECTIVE CONCEPT OF OPTIMALITY: THE QUADRATIC LOSS FUNCTION AND U. S. MONETARY POLICY IN THE 1960's
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Waud, Roger N, 1976.
"Asymmetric Policymaker Utility Functions and Optimal Policy Under Uncertainty,"
Econometric Society, vol. 44(1), pages 53-66, January.
- Roger N. Waud, 1975. "Asymmetric policymaker utility functions and optimal policy under uncertainty," Special Studies Papers 57, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Friedman, Benjamin Morton, 1972. "Optimal Economic Stabilization Policy: An Extended Framework," Scholarly Articles 4554308, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Taylor, John B., 2001. "An Interview With Milton Friedman," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(01), pages 101-131, February.
- William A. Barnett, 2001.
"A Conversation with Henri (Hans) Theil: His Experiences in the Netherlands during the Second World War,"
- William Barnett, 2012. "A Conversation with Henri (Hans) Theil: His Experiences in the Netherlands during the Second World War," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201233, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2012.
- W. W. Cooper, 1955. "Presidential Address to TIMS," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 1(2), pages 183-186, January.
- repec:cup:macdyn:v:5:y:2001:i:1:p:101-31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Friedman, Benjamin M, 1972. "Optimal Economic Stabilization Policy: An Extended Framework," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(5), pages 1002-1022, Sept.-Oct.
- Chow, Gregory C, 1970. "Optimal Stochastic Control of Linear Economic Systems," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 2(3), pages 291-302, August.
- W. W. Cooper, 1951. "A Proposal for Extending the Theory of the Firm," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(1), pages 87-109.
- Charles C. Holt & Franco Modigliani & Herbert A. Simon, 1955. "A Linear Decision Rule for Production and Employment Scheduling," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(1), pages 1-30, October.
- Charles C. Holt & Franco Modigliani & John F. Muth, 1956. "Derivation of a Linear Decision Rule for Production and Employment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(2), pages 159-177, January.
- Poole, William, 1975. "The 1975 Report of the President's Council of Economic Advisers: Long on Analysis, Short on Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(4), pages 539-547, September.
- L. Wheaton Smith, Jr., 1956. "Current Status of the Industrial Use of Linear Programming," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(2), pages 156-158, January.
- Sargent, Thomas J & Wallace, Neil, 1973. "Rational Expectations and the Dynamics of Hyperinflation," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(2), pages 328-350, June.
- Mirowski,Philip, 2002. "Machine Dreams," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521772839, May.
- Thomas J. Sargent, 1971. "The Optimum Monetary Instrument Variable in a Linear Economic Model," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 4(1), pages 50-60, February.
- E. C. Hope, 1953. "Discussion," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 2(1), pages 86-88, March.
- Kareken, John H, 1970. "The Optimum Monetary Instrument Variable: A Comment," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 2(3), pages 385-390, August.
- Mirowski,Philip, 2002. "Machine Dreams," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521775267, May.
- Muench, Thomas & Wallace, Neil, 1974. "On Stabilization Policy: Goals and Models," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(2), pages 330-337, May.
- William Poole, 1970. "Optimal Choice of Monetary Policy Instruments in a Simple Stochastic Macro Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(2), pages 197-216.
- Holbrook, Robert S & Shapiro, Harold, 1970. "The Choice of Optimal Intermediate Economic Targets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(2), pages 40-46, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- B23 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Econometrics; Quantitative and Mathematical Studies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anp:en2005:016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rodrigo Zadra Armond). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/anpecea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.