The Economic Opportunity Cost of Capital for Canada - An Empirical Update
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Glenn Jenkins & Chun-Yan Kuo, 2007. "The Economic Opportunity Cost of Capital for Canada - An Empirical Update," Development Discussion Papers 2007-04, JDI Executive Programs.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sandmo, Agnar & Dreze, Jacques H, 1971.
"Discount Rates for Public Investment in Closed and Open Economies,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(152), pages 395-412, November.
- SANDMO, Agnar & DREZE, Jacques H., 1971. "Discount rates for public investment in closed and open economies," CORE Discussion Papers RP 98, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Glenn Jenkins & JOHN EVANS, 1980. "The Cost Of U.S. Direct Foreign Investment," Development Discussion Papers 1980-01, JDI Executive Programs.
- Chun-Yan Kuo & Glenn P. Jenkins & M. Benjamin Mphahlele, 2003.
"The Economic Opportunity Cost Of Capital In South Africa,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 71(3), pages 523-543, September.
- Chun-Yan Kuo & Glenn P. Jenkins & M Benjamin Mphahlele, 2003. "The Economic Opportunity Cost of Capital in South Africa," Development Discussion Papers 2003-05, JDI Executive Programs.
- Harberger, Arnold C & Wisecarver, Daniel L, 1977. " Private and Social Rates of Return to Capital in Uruguay," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(3), pages 411-445, April.
- Boskin, Michael J, 1978. "Taxation, Saving, and the Rate of Interest," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(2), pages 3-27, April.
- Glenn P. Jenkins, 1981.
"The Public-Sector Discount Rate for Canada: Some Further Observations,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 7(3), pages 399-407, Summer.
- Glenn P. Jenkins, 1981. "The Public-Sector Discount Rate for Canada: Some Further Observations," Development Discussion Papers 1981-12, JDI Executive Programs.
- Sjaastad, Larry A & Wisecarver, Daniel L, 1977. "The Social Cost of Public Finance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 513-547, June.
- Danny M. Leipziger, 1974. "Capital Movements and Economic Policy: Canada Under a Flexible Rate," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 7(1), pages 59-74, February.
- David Burgess, 2008. "Removing Some Dissonance From the Social Discount Rate Debate," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20082, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
- David F. Burgess, 1981. "The Social Discount Rate for Canada: Theory and Evidence," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 7(3), pages 383-394, Summer.
- Glenn Jenkins, 1973. "The Measurement Of Rates Of Return And Taxation From Private Capital In Canada," Development Discussion Papers 1973-02, JDI Executive Programs.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Coppola, Andrea & Fernholz, Fernando & Glenday, Graham, 2014. "Estimating the economic opportunity cost of capital for public investment projects : an empirical analysis of the Mexican case," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6816, The World Bank.
- Alan C. O'Connor & Albert N. Link & Brandon M. Downs & Laura M. Hillier, 2015.
"The impact of public investment in medical imaging technology: an interagency collaboration in evaluation,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(5), pages 510-531, July.
- O'Connor, Alan C. & Link, Albert N. & Downs, Brandon M. & Hillier, Laura M., 2014. "The Impact of Public Investment in Medical Imaging Technology: An Interagency Collaboration in Evaluation," UNCG Economics Working Papers 14-8, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics.
- repec:clh:resear:v:11:y:2018:i:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Branker, K. & Pearce, J.M., 2010. "Financial return for government support of large-scale thin-film solar photovoltaic manufacturing in Canada," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4291-4303, August.
- Ferede, Ergete & Dahlby, Bev, 2012. "The Impact of Tax Cuts on Economic Growth: Evidence From the Canadian Provinces," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 65(3), pages 563-594, September.
More about this item
Keywordsdiscount rates; opportunity cost; project evaluation;
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qed:wpaper:1133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Babcock). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/qedquca.html .