Misleading Advertising in Mixed Markets: Consumer-orientation and welfare outcomes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Crespi & Stéphan Marette, 2002. "Generic Advertising and Product Differentiation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 691-701.
- Keisuke Hattori & Keisaku Higashida, 2012.
"Misleading advertising in duopoly,"
Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 45(3), pages 1154-1187, August.
- Avinash Dixit & Victor Norman, 1978.
"Advertising and Welfare,"
Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(1), pages 1-17, Spring.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Norman, Victor, 1976. "Advertising and Welfare," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 082, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash & Norman, Victor, 1976. "Advertising And Welfare," Economic Research Papers 268980, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Ujhelyi, Gergely, 2010. "Regulating misinformation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(3-4), pages 247-257, April.
- Goering, Gregory E., 2008. "Welfare impacts of a non-profit firm in mixed commercial markets," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 326-334, December.
- Jiancai Pi & Pengqing Zhang & Xuyang Chen, 2018. "An Investigation of Stackelberg Mixed Oligopoly with Advertising Competition," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 86(4), pages 468-487, July.
- Michael Kopel & Marco Marini, 2014.
"Strategic delegation in consumer cooperatives under mixed oligopoly,"
Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 113(3), pages 275-296, November.
- Michael Kopel & Marco Marini, 2013. "Strategic Delegation In Consumer Cooperatives Under Mixed Oligopoly," Working Papers 1306, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2013.
- Michael Kopel & Marco Marini, 2014. "Erratum to: Strategic delegation in consumer cooperatives under mixed oligopoly," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 113(3), pages 297-297, November.
- Ajay Sharma, 2018. "A note on Stackelberg equilibrium in duopoly: Strategic use of corporate social responsibility," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 38(4), pages 1720-1726.
- Nirvikar Singh & Xavier Vives, 1984. "Price and Quantity Competition in a Differentiated Duopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 546-554, Winter.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro & Sunada, Takeaki, 2013. "Advertising competition in a mixed oligopoly," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 183-185.
- Freimuth, V.S. & Hammond, S.L. & Stein, J.A., 1988. "Health advertising: Prevention for profit," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 78(5), pages 557-561.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1995. "Stackelberg equilibrium in oligopoly: An explanation based on managerial incentives," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 459-464, October.
More about this item
KeywordsMisleading advertising; Non-rival advertising; Consumer-oriented firm; Mixed markets; Cournot competition;
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- L3 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2019-10-07 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2019-10-07 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2019-10-07 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:96189. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.