Transport Price, Product Differentiation and R&D in an Oligopoly
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 2015.
"Intra-industry trade with Bertrand and Cournot oligopoly: The role of endogenous horizontal product differentiation,"
Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 157-165.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 2015. "Intra-Industry Trade with Bertrand and Cournot Oligopoly: The Role of Endogenous Horizontal Product Differentiation," NBER Working Papers 21008, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takahashi, Takaaki, 2011. "Directional imbalance in transport prices and economic geography," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 92-102, January.
- Krugman, Paul, 1980. "Scale Economies, Product Differentiation, and the Pattern of Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 950-959, December.
- Rikard Forslid & Toshihiro Okubo, 2015.
"Which Firms Are Left In The Periphery? Spatial Sorting Of Heterogeneous Firms With Scale Economies In Transportation,"
Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(1), pages 51-65, January.
- Forslid, Rikard & Okubo, Toshihiro, 2013. "Which Firms are Left in the Periphery? - Spatial Sorting of Heterogeneous Firms with Scale Economies in Transportation," Research Papers in Economics 2013:9, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Forslid, Rikard & Okubo, Toshihiro, 2013. "Which Firms are Left in the Periphery? - Spatial Sorting of Heterogeneous Firms with Scale Economies in Transportation," CEPR Discussion Papers 9413, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Takauchi, Kazuhiro, 2015. "Endogenous transport price and international R&D rivalry," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 36-43.
- Andriamananjara, Soamiely, 2004.
"Trade and International Transport Services: an Analytical Framework,"
Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 19, pages 604-625.
- Soamiely Andriamananjara, 2002. "Trade and International Transport Services: An Analytical Framework," International Trade 0211003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Behrens, Kristian & Picard, Pierre M., 2011.
"Transportation, freight rates, and economic geography,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 280-291.
- BEHRENS, Kristian & PICARD, Pierre M., 2008. "Transportation, freight rates, and economic geography," CORE Discussion Papers 2008040, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kristian Behrens & Pierre M. Picard, 2011. "Transportation, freight rates, and economic geography," CREA Discussion Paper Series 11-02, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Hummels, David & Lugovskyy, Volodymyr & Skiba, Alexandre, 2009.
"The trade reducing effects of market power in international shipping,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 84-97, May.
- David Hummels & Volodymyr Lugovskyy & Alexandre Skiba, 2007. "The Trade Reducing Effects of Market Power in International Shipping," NBER Working Papers 12914, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Hummels, 2007. "Transportation Costs and International Trade in the Second Era of Globalization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(3), pages 131-154, Summer.
- Lin, Ping & Saggi, Kamal, 2002. "Product differentiation, process R&D, and the nature of market competition," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 201-211, January.
- Francois, Joseph F & Wooton, Ian, 2001.
"Trade in International Transport Services: The Role of Competition,"
Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 249-261, May.
- Joseph Francois & Ian Wooton, 2000. "Trade in International Transport Services: The Role of Competition," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-057/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Francois, Joseph & Wooton, Ian, 2000. "Trade in International Transport Services: The Role of Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 2377, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kenzo Abe & Keisuke Hattori & Yoshitaka Kawagoshi, 2014. "Trade Liberalization and Environmental Regulation on International Transportation," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 65(4), pages 468-482, December.
More about this item
KeywordsEndogenous Product Differentiation; International Trade; Oligopoly; Product R&D; Transport Price.;
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2019-04-15 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-GTH-2019-04-15 (Game Theory)
- NEP-IND-2019-04-15 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-TRE-2019-04-15 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:93148. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.