Does Marginal Productivity Mean Anything in Real Economic Life ?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lazear, Edward P & Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "Rank-Order Tournaments as Optimum Labor Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 841-864, October.
- Philip Du Caju & François Rycx & Ilan Tojerow, 2011.
"Inter‐Industry Wage Differentials: How Much Does Rent Sharing Matter?,"
University of Manchester, vol. 79(4), pages 691-717, July.
- Du Caju, Philip & Rycx, François & Tojerow, Ilan, 2009. "Inter-industry wage differentials: how much does rent sharing matter?," Working Paper Series 1103, European Central Bank.
- François Rycx & Philip Du Caju & Ilan Tojerow, 2009. "Inter-Industry Wage Differentials :How much does rent sharing matter ?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/245783, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- François Rycx & Philip Du Caju, 2011. "Inter-industry wage differentials: How much does rent sharing matter?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/245697, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Philip Du Caju & François Rycx & Ilan Tojerow, 2011. "Inter-industry wage differentials: How much does rent sharing matter?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/138898, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Philip Du Caju & François Ryckx & Ilan Tojerow, 2009. "Inter-industry wage differentials : How much does rent sharing matter ?," Working Paper Research 180, National Bank of Belgium.
- Frank H. Knight, 1923. "The Ethics of Competition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(4), pages 579-624.
- Anabela Carneiro & Paulo Guimaraes & Pedro Portugal, 2009.
"Real Wages and the Business Cycle: Accounting for Worker and Firm Heterogeneity,"
CEF.UP Working Papers
0903, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Paulo Guimarães & Pedro Portugal & Anabela Carneiro, 2009. "Real Wages and the Business Cycle: Accounting for Worker and Firm Heterogeneity," Working Papers w200910, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Carneiro, Anabela & Guimaraes, Paulo & Portugal, Pedro, 2009. "Real Wages and the Business Cycle: Accounting for Worker and Firm Heterogeneity," IZA Discussion Papers 4174, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jesus Felipe & F. Gerard Adams, 2005.
""A Theory of Production" The Estimation of the Cobb-Douglas Function: A Retrospective View,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 427-445, Summer.
- Jesus Felipe & F. Gerard Adams, 2004. ""A theory of production" the estimation of the Cobb-Douglas function: A retrospective view," CAMA Working Papers 2004-11, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Knight, Frank H., 1923. "The Ethics of Competition," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 37, pages 579-624, August.
- Douglas, Paul H, 1976. "The Cobb-Douglas Production Function Once Again: Its History, Its Testing, and Some New Empirical Values," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(5), pages 903-915, October.
- Baris Kaymak & Andriana Bellou, 2010. "Wage Growth over the Business Cycle: Contractual versus Spot Markets," 2010 Meeting Papers 1289, Society for Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
Keywordsmarginal productivity; income distribution; wage; interest; profit; production function;
- B21 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Microeconomics
- D33 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Factor Income Distribution
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HME-2019-02-25 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2019-02-25 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:92239. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.