Governance of Money Laundering: An Application of the Principal-agent Model
In this model we evaluate the strategy of principal (international financial regime) and affectivity of the network of money transaction to minimize transaction of money through money laundering by making laws and procedure and get these implemented by agents. With the application of present value method of cost and returns to agents and clients payoff matrix is developed. The present strategy of principal seems suboptimal to involve informal agents and clients in anti- money laundering measures and it needs revision to involve them through incentives.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in The Pakistan Development Review 4.45(2006): pp. 1117-1133|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Barro, 1996.
"Determinants of Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Empirical Study,"
NBER Working Papers
5698, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Barro, 1998. "Determinants of Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Empirical Study," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262522543, June.
- Dominik H. Enste & Friedrich Schneider, 2000. "Shadow Economies: Size, Causes, and Consequences," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(1), pages 77-114, March.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1994.
"A labor-income-based measure of the value of human capital: An application to the States of the United States,"
Economics Working Papers
106, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Dec 1994.
- Mulligan, C. B. & Sala-i-Martin, X., 1997. "A labor income-based measure of the value of human capital: An application to the states of the United States," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 159-191, May.
- Mulligan, Casey B & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1995. "A Labour-Income-Based Measure of the Value of Human Capital: An Application to the States of the United States," CEPR Discussion Papers 1146, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1995. "A Labor-Income-Based Measure of the Value of Human Capital: An Application to the States of the United States," NBER Working Papers 5018, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-25, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:8868. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.