The simple economics of risk-sharing agreements between the NHS and the pharmaceutical industry
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Pedro Pita Barros, 2011. "The simple economics of risk‐sharing agreements between the NHS and the pharmaceutical industry," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 461-470, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Konigbauer, Ingrid & Straume, Odd Rune, 2007.
"Reference pricing of pharmaceuticals,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 613-642, May.
- Brekke, Kurt R & Königbauer, Ingrid & Straume, Odd Rune, 2005. "Reference Pricing of Pharmaceuticals," Working Papers in Economics 19/05, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Ingrid Königbauer & Odd Rune Straume, 2006. "Reference Pricing of Pharmaceuticals," CESifo Working Paper Series 1825, CESifo Group Munich.
- Scherer, F.M., 2000. "The pharmaceutical industry," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 25, pages 1297-1336 Elsevier.
- Karl Claxton, 2007. "Oft, Vbp: Qed?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(6), pages 545-558.
- Simeon Thornton, 2007. "Drug price reform in the UK: debunking the myths," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(10), pages 981-992.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Levaggi, Rosella, 2014. "Pricing schemes for new drugs: A welfare analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 69-73.
- Ferrario, Alessandra & Kanavos, Panos, 2015. "Dealing with uncertainty and high prices of new medicines: A comparative analysis of the use of managed entry agreements in Belgium, England, the Netherlands and Sweden," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 39-47.
- Arieh Gavious & Dan Greenberg & Ariel Hammerman & Ella Segev, 2014. "Impact of a financial risk-sharing scheme on budget-impact estimations: a game-theoretic approach," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(5), pages 553-561, June.
- Rosella Levaggi & Michele Moretto & Paolo Pertile, 2017.
"The Dynamics of Pharmaceutical Regulation and R&D Investments,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 19(1), pages 121-141, February.
- Rosella Levaggi & Michele Moretto & Paolo Pertile, 2013. "The dynamics of pharmaceutical regulation and R&D investments," Working Papers 13/2013, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Hui Zhang & Gregory Zaric, 2015. "Using price–volume agreements to manage pharmaceutical leakage and off-label promotion," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 16(7), pages 747-761, September.
- Antoñanzas, Fernando & Juárez-Castelló, Carmelo & Rodríguez-Ibeas, Roberto, 2013. "Risk-Sharing Agreements in Pharmaceutical Markets/Los acuerdos de riesgo compartido en mercados farmacéuticos," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 31, pages 359-378, Septiembr.
- Jobjörnsson, Sebastian & Forster, Martin & Pertile, Paolo & Burman, Carl-Fredrik, 2016.
"Late-stage pharmaceutical R&D and pricing policies under two-stage regulation,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 298-311.
- Sebastian Jobjornsson & Martin Forster & Paolo Pertile & Carl-Fredrik Burman, 2015. "Late-Stage Pharmaceutical R & D and Pricing Policies under Two-Stage Regulation," Discussion Papers 15/16, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Stefano Capri & Rosella Levaggi, 2008. "Drug pricing and risk sharing agreements," Working Papers 0810, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsrisk sharing agreements; pharmaceutical prices;
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2008-05-05 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2008-05-05 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-REG-2008-05-05 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:8517. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .