North-South trade, property rights and the dynamics of environmental resources
The theory of trade based on differential property rights presented here initiated in Chichilnisky (1991), based on the North-South model introduced in Chichilnisky (1981, 1986). The model and the results in this paper differ however from the previous work in that the dynamics of the renewable resource is crucial to our arguments, while all the other pieces consider instead static economies. The distinctive feature of this paper is that we consider the dynamics of the renewable resource which is used as an input to production, and how this varies with different property rights regimes.
|Date of creation:||1994|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in The Environment after Rio: International Law and Economics (1994): pp. 205-233|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dasgupta, Partha, 1990. "The Environment as a Commodity," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 51-67, Spring.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela, 1985. "International trade in resources: a general equilibrium analysis," MPRA Paper 8356, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela, 1986. "A general equilibrium theory of North-South trade," MPRA Paper 8810, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela, 1981. "Terms of trade and domestic distribution : Export-led growth with abundant labour," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 163-192, April.
- Dasgupta, P., 1990. "The Environment as Commodity.i," Research Paper 84, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Tobey, James A, 1990. "The Effects of Domestic Environmental Policies on Patterns of World Trade: An Empirical Test," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 191-209.
- Maler, Karl-Goran, 1990. "International Environmental Problems," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 80-108, Spring.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela, 1990.
"On the mathematical foundations of political economy,"
8123, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Graciela Chichilnisky, 1990. "On The Mathematical Foundations Of Political Economy," Contributions to Political Economy, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 25-41.
- Kenneth J. Arrow & Anthony C. Fisher, 1974. "Environmental Preservation, Uncertainty, and Irreversibility," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 88(2), pages 312-319.
- Barbier, E B & Burgess, J C, 2001. " The Economics of Tropical Deforestation," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 413-33, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:8415. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.