Welfare Impact of ASEAN Economic Integration: “ASEAN Way” Versus Theory
The ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) has been implemented since the beginning of 2016 and expected to be completed in 2025. The ASEAN member countries preserve their value and norms highly even in the condition of integrated ASEAN, particularly in state’s sovereignty, resulting “ASEAN Way” of integration. This research is conducted to compare the ASEAN Way of integration and theoretical kinds of economic integration (Balassa, 1961). Using GTAP 9 Migration database with 2007 and 2011 base year, the comparative examination of ASEAN Way of integration impact on ASEAN member countries divided into five scenarios: (1) implementation of the ASEAN Free Trade Area, (2) ASEAN customs union, (3) ASEAN Economic Community, (4) ASEAN common market and (5) fully liberalized ASEAN trade. The welfare gains of ASEAN member countries in (1) implementation of ASEAN free trade area is higher than (2) ASEAN customs union, and the welfare gains of ASEAN member countries in implementation of (3) ASEAN Economic Community is higher than (4) ASEAN common market.
|Date of creation:||18 Aug 2017|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael G. Plummer & Ganeshan Wignaraja, 2006.
"The Post-Crisis Sequencing of Economic Integration in Asia: Trade as a Complement to a Monetary Future,"
CEPII research center, issue 107, pages 59-85.
- Michael G. Plummer & Ganeshan Wignaraja, 2007. "The Post-Crisis Sequencing of Economic Integration in Asia: Trade as a Complement to a Monetary Future," Working Paper Series 12_07, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Plummer, Michael G. & Wignaraja, Ganeshan, 2007. "The Post-Crisis Sequencing of Economic Integration in Asia: Trade as a Complement to a Monetary Future," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 9, Asian Development Bank.
- Hill, Hal & Menon, Jayant, 2010. "ASEAN Economic Integration: Features, Fulfillments, Failures and the Future," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 69, Asian Development Bank.
- Julian M. Alston & Philip G. Pardey & Jennifer S. James & Matthew A. Anderson, 2009. "The Economics of Agricultural R&D," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 537-566, September.
- Morar Ioan Dan, 2009. "Taxes In Front Of The Economic Decline," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 3(1), pages 278-280, May.
- Burfisher,Mary E., 2011. "Introduction to Computable General Equilibrium Models," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766968, March.
- -, 2011. "Perspectivas de América Latina y el Caribe 2011," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 35264, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Matyushenko Igor Yu. & Kovalchuk Ekaterina V., 2011. "The World Market of Armament: Ukraine Perspectives," The Problems of Economy, RESEARCH CENTRE FOR INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT PROBLEMS of NAS (KHARKIV, UKRAINE), issue 1, pages 32-40.
- Malcolm, Gerard, 1998. "Modeling Country Risk and Capital Flows in GTAP," GTAP Technical Papers 316, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Burfisher,Mary E., 2011. "Introduction to Computable General Equilibrium Models," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521139779, December.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:486351 is not listed on IDEAS
- Plummer, Michael G. & Petri, Peter A. & Zhai, Fan., 2014. "Assessing the impact of ASEAN economic integration on labour markets," ILO Working Papers 994863513402676, International Labour Organization. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:80880. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.