Bayesian analysis of chaos: The joint return-volatility dynamical system
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G & Rossi, Peter E, 2002. "Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Volatility Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Lahmiri, Salim, 2017. "A study on chaos in crude oil markets before and after 2008 international financial crisis," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 466(C), pages 389-395.
- Mishra, Ritesh Kumar & Sehgal, Sanjay & Bhanumurthy, N.R., 2011. "A search for long-range dependence and chaotic structure in Indian stock market," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 96-104, May.
- Roberto Casarin & Jean-Michel Marin, 2007. "Online data processing: comparison of Bayesian regularized particle filters," Working Papers 0703, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
- Christophe Andrieu & Arnaud Doucet & Roman Holenstein, 2010. "Particle Markov chain Monte Carlo methods," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 72(3), pages 269-342.
- Hall, Jamie & Pitt, Michael K. & Kohn, Robert, 2014. "Bayesian inference for nonlinear structural time series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 179(2), pages 99-111.
- Morales, Raffaello & Di Matteo, T. & Gramatica, Ruggero & Aste, Tomaso, 2012. "Dynamical generalized Hurst exponent as a tool to monitor unstable periods in financial time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(11), pages 3180-3189.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G & Rossi, Peter E, 1994. "Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Volatility Models: Comments: Reply," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(4), pages 413-417, October.
- repec:bla:restud:v:65:y:1998:i:3:p:361-93 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michaelides, Panayotis G. & Tsionas, Efthymios G. & Vouldis, Angelos T. & Konstantakis, Konstantinos N., 2015. "Global approximation to arbitrary cost functions: A Bayesian approach with application to US banking," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 241(1), pages 148-160.
- Flury, Thomas & Shephard, Neil, 2011.
"Bayesian Inference Based Only On Simulated Likelihood: Particle Filter Analysis Of Dynamic Economic Models,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(05), pages 933-956, October.
- Thomas Flury & Neil Shephard, 2008. "Bayesian inference based only on simulated likelihood: particle filter analysis of dynamic economic models," OFRC Working Papers Series 2008fe32, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Pitt, Michael K. & Silva, Ralph dos Santos & Giordani, Paolo & Kohn, Robert, 2012. "On some properties of Markov chain Monte Carlo simulation methods based on the particle filter," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 171(2), pages 134-151.
- Kyrtsou, Catherine & Terraza, Michel, 2002. "Stochastic chaos or ARCH effects in stock series?: A comparative study," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 407-431.
More about this item
KeywordsNoisy Chaos; Lyapunov exponent; Neural networks; Bayesian analysis; Sequential Monte Carlo; World Economy.;
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:80632. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .